Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Can't login, after 10 minutes I am anonymous

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi,

some users reports they can not login or they become anonymous users, even if they check "remember me".

I'd like to know, if there are some people who encounter this problem, because here (at my place) everything works OK.

I am using Firefox 3, win xp and I am still logged, no problems at all.

Technical background: sessions are currently held in separate memcached server. Try reload page, if you get anonymous, maybe it will work (but anyway, let me know about this)

LeapinLar

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Os,

I have this problem big time. Almost everytime I do something, upload or correct my subs, whatever, it comes back logged out. If I am correcting my subs, it comes back "don't hack this". I can do a refresh page and sometimes it goes to logged back in, but not always. I am running Windows 2000 with IE6. I have another computer with Vista and IE7 and the problem rarely happens on that one. I think that there is something in your code that IE6 does not like.

LeapinLar

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Omerta,

I have discovered what the problem is. I don't know how to fix it, but I do have a work-around. The problem is the Internet Explorer cookies. Somehow they do not work right with opensubtitles.org. The work-around is to install FireFox 3. DO NOT import the cookies from IE when you install FireFox. The first time I installed it, I did import and it transferred the problems to FireFox. If you delete the imported cookies in FireFox the problem goes away. Anyway it is great to not have this problem. I hope os can fix the IE problem so I can go back to IE, but in the meantime I will use FireFox for opensubtitles.org.

LeapinLar

PS

I just looked back at your posts and see you are using FireFox. Try deleting the cookies, you may have imported them from IE.

L

oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:23 am

thanks for nice feedback and also screenshots. If you are logged in, and you dont see your nickname - thats quite strange, and it should not happen, I will review the code.

LeapinLar

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 pm

os,

It seems to be working ok on IE also. Thanks os.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:57 pm

I like to hear things has change a little bit. Ofcourse, when something works, I need to know, what _exactly_ you do and what _exactly_ is written as the message, because first I have to make steps like you and then I can debug that.

Return to “General talk”