Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Neithan2

other servers (databases) like opensubtitles.org

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:32 pm

anyone know any other subtitles server (database) which can be accessed through api (like xmlrpc in opensubtitles)?

reason why i want this is that i am developing a lightweight subtitle downloader and want it to be more reliable in finding desired subtitles. so i want to add as many servers as possible.

Neithan2

Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:37 pm

past 2 days i have been searching for this and i found only one other subtitles server accessible through api (www.subtitles-on.net).

dont get me wrong, i like opensubtitles a lot and i find it far more superior to any other server i have encountered sofar. i just want as much data and stability for my application as i can have.

so any other servers?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:34 am

I am not aware od any other usable subtitles database.
If you want, you can search on other servers by scraping and parsing html, but thats far from the best solution.

Neithan2

Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 pm

parsing html is the last option. i found another server accssible through xmlrpc api http://www.podnapisi.net/ and it uses the same hash function as opensubtitles :)

oss
Site Admin

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 pm

thanks for info, didnt know that, you have to really search so you will know they support xml-rpc. Also they change site design, it looks quite nice. Anyway, it is really pitty, they use SubDownloader as their application, programmers are really so stupid and they give same name to application as we had...?

anyway, we will contact them about this.

Return to “Developing”