Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
quyenvanboqmak

Moviehash ?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Hi,

I noticed that opensubtitles has a field called moviehash, and I'm wondering who can upload to this field?

I just downloaded a subtitle file using the movie hash, but it doesn't match the video.

{
parent_imdb_id: "tt4016454",
season_number: 3,
episode_number: 10,
languages: "all",
type: "episode",
movie_hash: "30ab46107ee12aa3",
movie_hash_match: "only"
}

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Moviehash ?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:55 pm

Hi,

I noticed that opensubtitles has a field called moviehash, and I'm wondering who can upload to this field?

I just downloaded a subtitle file using the movie hash, but it doesn't match the video.

{
parent_imdb_id: "tt4016454",
season_number: 3,
episode_number: 10,
languages: "all",
type: "episode",
movie_hash: "30ab46107ee12aa3",
movie_hash_match: "only"
}
Hi,

In short: when you upload subtitles using a program, also moviehash is stored in opensubtitles (it is something like checksum - digital sinature of movie file, but very fast), so when somebody else is search by moviehash, they can find it. Idea behind is, in theory, there should be always good subtitles for movies - so you wouldnt get SHIFTED or subs for different release, when you are using fulltext search.

That means:
- if you (or somebody else) don't upload subtitles using program, no other program (in simple way) can not find those subtitles, because moviehash doesnt exists - it is not linked with subtitles.

Also, sadly, some movies have wrong hashes submitted against them by other users. This can lead to wrong results on occasion.

quyenvanboqmak

Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:30 am

So does one subtitle file only have one moviehash? In fact, I've seen a subtitle file can match multiple qualities from 720p to 4k. And are there any hidden parameters to retrieve the moviehash value in the /latest or /search API? (I mean returning a field moviehash = hash_value instead of moviehash_match = true/false)

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:43 pm

Hi

there is no way to retrieve moviehashes (all movie hashes), only returned movie hash, which is asked for.

Return to “General talk”