Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
wositelec

Prison movie - I remember a quote and several fact

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:29 pm

You are my last hope. I was looking for this movie since many years, but no effect. It isn't "Shawshank Redemption", although it contains similar scene (a warden kills Tommy Williams, but it isn't.)

I'm looking for the title of the prison movie or TV series from 80's or 90's. Definitely USA. I remember only short and violent scene, perhaps at the start of episode/movie. Two men are prisoners. Their main opposite man is nefarious prison guard. The warden says to prisoner: "You are free, so you go home", so the prisoner goes slowly. When he goes through long corridor and he is backed, warden shot him (short pistol, not rifle or shotgun) in his back. Unfortunately, the prisoner is dead (it was sudden and lethal shot in the back). Then, prison guard says to second prisoner: "You will be suffer". Second prisoner is scared, he cried probably and kneeled.

How can I get an access to quote "You will be suffer" ? Perhaps if I find an episode according to this quote, I will be exact answer on my old riddle. Don't delete my thread, please. I would like to get an access to advanced search in this direction.

I

oss
Site Admin

Re: Prison movie - I remember a quote and several fact

Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:30 pm

chatgpt answer (did you tried that?)

While it's challenging to narrow down the exact movie or TV series based on the limited information provided, here are ten potential candidates that feature prison settings and were released during the 80s or 90s:

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - Even though you mentioned it's not "Shawshank Redemption," it's worth mentioning due to its prominence and similarity in themes.
Escape from Alcatraz (1979) - Though it predates the 80s and 90s, it's a classic prison film.
The Green Mile (1999) - Another film based on Stephen King's work, similar to Shawshank in some ways.
Brubaker (1980) - A drama film set in a prison starring Robert Redford.
Lock Up (1989) - A prison action film starring Sylvester Stallone.
Fortress (1992) - A sci-fi action film set in a futuristic prison.
Dead Man Walking (1995) - While not entirely based in a prison, it features significant prison scenes.
American Me (1992) - A crime drama about the rise of a Chicano gang member in the California prison system.
Con Air (1997) - An action film involving prisoners on a plane.
The Last Castle (2001) - Though slightly outside the 90s timeframe, it features a storyline centered around a military prison.
These are just a few possibilities, and the actual movie or series you're looking for might not be on this list. However, exploring these titles could potentially lead you closer to the one you're seeking.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:25 am

Search quotes in movies and TV

https://getyarn.io/

wositelec

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 am

chatgpt answer (did you tried that?)

While it's challenging to narrow down the exact movie or TV series based on the limited information provided, here are ten potential candidates that feature prison settings and were released during the 80s or 90s:
Yes, I tried that. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to find. Denifely not:
Rejected:
1. Cool Hand Luke (1967)
2. Papillon (1973)
3. Escape from Alcatraz (1979)
4. Brubaker (1980)
5. Bad Boys (1983)
6. Six Against the Rock (TV Movie 1987)
7. Tango & Cash (1989)
8. An Innocent Man(1989)
9. Lock Up (1989)
10. Hardcase and Fist (1989)
11. Death Warrant (1990)
12. American Me (1992)
13. Live by the Fist (1993)
14.The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - however here is very similar scene (shot in a back by a prison guard)
15. Against the Wall (1994)
16. Murder in the First (1995)
15. The Last Castle (2001) - however here is similar scene(shot in a back by a prison guard)
17. 13 Dead Men (2003)

TV Series - episodes connected with prison - rejected too:
1. "Knight Rider" No Big Thing (TV Episode 1982)
Knight Rider "Knight Behind Bars" (TV Episode 1985)
2. MacGyver "The Escape" (1986)
3. The Fall Guy "That's Right, We're Bad" (1981)
4. Walker, Texas Ranger - any of these prison episodes
5. Homicide Life On The Street - "Prison Riot " (1996)
6. New York Undercover - "No Place Like Hell" (1997)
7. 7. Oz - all episodes (TV Series 1997–2003)
8. Prison Break - all episodes are rejected
9. Sentinel - Prisoner X

I am sure that dead prisoner was white Caucasian man, not African American. TV series "Quincy ME' and episode entitled "Riot" and "Matlock" show and episode "Prisoner" have similar plot, but I'm not sure, because dead prisoners were African Americans. I am sure that "my" episode (or movie, but I doubt) was connected with two Caucasian men.

I am sure a quote "You will suffer" as well.

0pener

Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 am

Hmm, dear wositelec, don't get me wrong but you are crazy (I mean it in a good way!) :D

Anyway, there would be just one place I know with other people crazy enough: cinemageddon

Very crazy, very committed, very lovable folks - it's a long shot but I can imagine, someone there could know...

Return to “General talk”