Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
PlexNL

Unable to download dutch subs with commandline subdownloader

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations with this great program. The program works great with only one exception; I seem to be unable to grab dutch subtitles using the commandline version of subdownloader.

I'm running subdownloader on Ubuntu Hardy. I tried to download NL-subs for Iron Man (among others) using the following command:

Code: Select all

subdownloader --cli --video=/storage/Movies/Iron.Man.DVDRip.XviD-DASH/ --lang=dut
and subdownloader gives me the following message although NL-subs for Iron.Man.DVDRip.XviD-DASH are on opensubtitles.org :

Code: Select all

[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>]100% Time: 00:00:00 Videos found: 2 Subtitles found: 0 Looks like some of your videos might need subtitles :) Starting subtitle search, please wait... [>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>]100% Time: 00:00:00 No subtitles were found on Opensubtitles.com No subtitle was downloaded "dash-im-cd1.avi". Maybe you already have it? No subtitle was downloaded "dash-im-cd2.avi". Maybe you already have it? Subdownloader closed for mantainance.

When I substitute '--lang=dut' with '--lang=NL' it gives the same message, but when I substitute it with '--lang=dutch' it seems to find subtitles, but they are never in dutch (mostly just english).

Anyone got a clue what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Goffini

subdownloader

Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Ik ken het programma niet, ik download ze één voor één, maar probeer eens te zoeken op Nederlands.

Moderator Goffini

PlexNL

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:38 pm

It was my understanding that SubDownloader was created by people related to opensubtitles.org (project website: www.subdownloader.net) because this program searches for subtitles on this website. If I manually search for Dutch subtitles I can usually find them, but I tried to automate the process using SubDownloader.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 pm

try please, if you can find the subtitles using normal subdownloader (with gui), if yes, and CLI version it didnt finds (should) something is wrong.

But it seems, there is no moviehash connected with subtitlehash, so it cannot find them.

Using fulltext searching is the thing we want avoid.

PlexNL

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Thanks for the reply os.

I'll try searching using the gui tomorrow. I don't think the moviehash is the problem though, because if I use --lang=en it finds the correct subtitles (english though).

I'll report later if things were working with the gui-subdownloader.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:16 am

it will be problem, you will see :) If it finds english subtitles, doesnt meant, it will find subtitles in other languages.

PlexNL

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Os, you seem to be right :) For Iron.Man the dutch subtitle was on the site, but it had no hash attached to it.

I tried it with another movie from which I was sure the dutch-subs had a moviehash attached, and then it worked.

Do you know if it is also possible to let subdownloader search for multiple languages? For example, let the program first search for dutch subs and if they are not available let it search for english subs.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:48 am

yes, it is possible, download latest version of sudownloader, and in preferences you can set your prefered languages, and it will be searching only in them :)

Return to “Programs using OS”