Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
JacNap

Opensubtitles and Synology Video Station thread

Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:09 pm

I'm a bit confused. When I try to find subtitles for any video on Synology Video Station using the built-in OpenSubtitles feature, I receive random .srt files that are not in my language (Polish) or related to that movie. The only way to work around the problem is to do it manually, i.e. log in to the opensubtitles website outside of my Synology server, find the correct .srt files and download them to your Synology drives. The built-in Video Station (Synology) feature does not work properly and is 100% useless. Maybe I set something wrong?

oss
Site Admin

Re: Opensubtitles and Synology Video Station thread

Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:43 pm

Hi

thats very strange, it should work, other users on Synology experience this ? Do you use any VPN on Synology ? Did you configure Synology to use your username and password from opensubtitles.org ?

JacNap

Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:24 pm

Hi,
This is a really weird and funny problem for me, and please don't worry too much about it - I can always manually download the subtitles from your website.
I'm a novice when it comes to setting up a media server, but I followed the system instructions and prompts during installation and configuration.
- Yes, I actually have OpenVPN enabled on my DS224+, but I don't think it's working properly (but I don't blame you for this failure :))), I just have a damn ISP that won't give me access to my WiFi router, and because of this I can't set up VPN at all.
- I have different logins for Synology server and OpenSutitles servers but everything works fine i.e. I don't get any error message when I launch Video Station and try to download subtitles from it.

krikke68

Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:02 pm

Normally I don't use VideoStation to watch my movies,
but I just did a test on VideoStation and can confirm this.
I asked for the Dutch subtitle off the movie Kandahar and I received the Italian subtitle of Wynonna.Earp.S03E11.BluRay.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:04 pm

hi,

interesting, very interesting. we have some blocks for super-downloaders to make this, but I need somehow verify what is going on. without log, example IP it is hard to tell :(

JacNap

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 pm

so what logs or addressesDU need?

JacNap

Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:01 pm

I asked for the Dutch subtitle off the movie Kandahar and I received the Italian subtitle of Wynonna.Earp.S03E11.BluRay.
So, what DU use instead of Video Station on Synology NAS? Plex Media Server?

PaulDaly

Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:05 am

Hi all,

did anyone find an answer for this? This evening i have reactivated open subtitles on my Synology Video station (first time since they moved from .org to .com) and I am facing the same issue as described. Try to get subtitles, they come up as found but the downloaded title is not what it claims to be - the file name is right but the contents are something else. i dont see any pattern...

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Hi,

contact us on bellow through contact link. And send if possible logs. Also it is important, if you are using .org API service, or new .com API service ? (it exists on synology?)

without knowing more details it is very hard to help.

Also, did you try to change your IP of Synology ? Try, because we are blocking some IPs in this way,..

krikke68

Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:49 pm

So, what DU use instead of Video Station on Synology NAS? Plex Media Server?
Sorry for the late response.
I play my movies with KODI (installed on a google chromecast with TV).
I use my Synology only as a storage medium.

Return to “General talk”