Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Entotre

Subtitles no longer load

Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Hello All.

I wonder if anyone can help with subtitles not loading any more in TV apps such as Bee TV, Nova, Tea TV, Cinema HD.

I have used these apps for a long time now. Usually, I search for subtitles after selecting a show to watch, and a selection of subs would appear and I would choose the relevant subtitle for the show.

Not any more. :(

Sometimes subtitles from Subscene will be available (a small selection, if any at all), but nothing any more from opensubtitles.

I am logged in to open subtitles in Bee TV in settings.

It has happened before that no subs appear, but I have no idea how it came to be fixed. I am based in Denmark, and some years ago Opensubtitles was blocked, but then it was unblocked. I can find no information that this has happened again.

So....I wonder if anyone out there might have a clue as to why I can't get subs any more? This has been going on for a month or so. :(

I look forward to receiving any ideas and/or advice. :)

oss
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles no longer load

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:17 pm

Hi

i would contact developers of those app to check what is really going on, if you have some log it is helpful. I am not using any of those apps, so I can not say, maybe other users?

Entotre

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:25 pm

Hi.

I am hoping for some ideas from other users.... I have contacted the dev of Bee TV, but sadly I have not received a response. I am sad to say I have no idea how to produce any kind of log. I can only say that I have encountered this problem before and it has been resolved eventually.... but I don't know how!

Sometimes, when searching for subtitles on my android tablet or smart TV, a message appears stating "error communicating with opensubtitles.org, please try later".

I am definitely logged in to opensubtitles.org..... that was my mistake last year when I could not get subs. :)

Entotre

Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:06 am

Further to my last post......

Have been twisting my brain and thought I would try using Bee TV with VPN, then trying a search for subtitles.

I got a choice of four subs for "Saltburn". I downloaded what purported to be subs but in fact was just the following message, stuck throughout the entire movie.

"Become OpenSubtitles.org VIP member to get subtitles -> osdb.link/vip"

?????????

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:59 am

yes, from new Year, you have to be VIP on opensubtitles.org and in application which is using api of opensubtitles.org must allow insert username and password from opensubtitles.org

Do you have in those apps this possibility ?

Entotre

Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:58 pm

Hmmmmm. I am logged in to open subtitles in BeeTV. That seems to be the same as it always has been, no apparent change as of New Year for the new open subtitles.orgvregime.

I know nothing about api. :(

Do I now have to pay in order to be able to download subtitles from open subtitles.org within an app such as Bee TV?

When I click on the link "Become OpenSubtitles.org VIP member to get subtitles -> osdb.link/vip" I am seen as bein logged in on that page, but that doesn't help me at all in being able to download subs within, for example, Bee TV. If I try to download subs, I simply get the "Become Open subtitles.org...... etc" message, so I am just going around in a loop.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:52 am

Hi

yes, you need to be VIP on opensubtitles.org in order to download subtitles in programs like Bee TV., where you can insert your username and password.

Please become VIP so it will work for you.

jpigraphics

Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:51 pm

I have a Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo, when I become a VIP, how can I register this in the Dune player?

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:24 pm

Hi

we dont know - never used, we dont give support for Dune player (or any other player), I would contact them and ask them. If it is not possible, they should contact us to resolve it.

Return to “General talk”