Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

BLACK FRIDAY - 20% off for VIP + END of OpenSubtitles.org API

Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:03 am

In short: OpenSubtitles.org API will stop working in end of 2023, and it will be available only for VIP users. Enjoy Black Friday discount and Get 20% discount now for VIP.

Attention Subtitles Enthusiasts! Big Changes Ahead for OpenSubtitles.org API

As the familiar landscape of online movie subtitle searches undergoes a transformation, OpenSubtitles.org has announced the end of its original API service in 2022. A significant shift in its system has been set in motion, marking the end of an era after 17 years of reliable service. This transition aims to pave the way for a more advanced and streamlined experience with the introduction of the new REST API on OpenSubtitles.com.

End of an Era: What's Changing and When?

The original API service from OpenSubtitles.org is slated to cease functioning by the end of 2023, as announced earlier. This decision, initially disclosed in a forum post, will primarily affect non-VIP users, while VIP members will continue to enjoy access to the API. While this may seem daunting, fear not! The end of the old API service heralds a new chapter for subtitles enthusiasts with the revamped and optimized OpenSubtitles.com REST API.

Embrace the Change: Introducing the 20% Black Friday Treat!

To celebrate this transition and express gratitude to its loyal user base, OpenSubtitles.org is offering an exclusive 20% discount on a one-year subscription to VIP membership. This offer is valid until November 24th, 2023. Subscribers will not only gain VIP status on www.opensubtitles.org but also have access to VIP benefits on www.opensubtitles.com.

Understanding the VIP Advantage

Now, what sets apart a VIP member from a non-VIP user? Let's dive into the substantial benefits of being an OpenSubtitles VIP member:

1. Ad-Free Experience

As a VIP member, bid farewell to intrusive advertisements. While non-VIP users encounter pop-ups, banners, and hidden ads, VIP members enjoy a clean, ad-free interface.

2. Direct Download Links

VIP members benefit from immediate access to download links directly from the search page. Unlike non-VIP users, who might face offers, installers, and redirects before accessing subtitles, VIP members have a streamlined and hassle-free download experience.

3. Higher Download Limits

VIP members receive a higher download limit of 1000 subtitles per 24 hours, allowing ample room to collect subtitles without constraints.

4. Ad-Free Subtitles

Subtitles downloaded by VIP members are free from any embedded ads, offering a cleaner viewing experience.

5. User Profile Visibility

VIP members showcase a special logo next to their usernames in their profiles, signifying their elite status and support for the platform.

6. Contributing to a Greater Cause

By becoming a VIP member, users directly support the platform and its ongoing development, benefiting the community of over 30,000 simultaneous users during peak hours.

Secure Your VIP Membership Today!

This transition signifies a step forward for OpenSubtitles, enhancing the user experience and ensuring a more efficient service. VIP members not only receive an ad-free, seamless experience but also contribute to the platform's growth and evolution.

Act now to avail yourself of the 20% discount on a one-year VIP subscription. This limited-time offer stands until November 24th, 2023, and presents an excellent opportunity to become a VIP member, experiencing the advantages firsthand.

Secure your VIP subscription and immerse yourself in a premium subtitle experience across OpenSubtitles platforms.

Join the VIP community and experience subtitles like never before - efficient, ad-free, and with limitless access. Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity!

Happy Subtitling!

Kngstnguy

Re: BLACK FRIDAY - 20% off for VIP + END of OpenSubtitles.org API

Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:29 am

I signed up for the VIP Subscription with the 20% off deal for Black Friday just a few minutes ago, but I was charged the full amount.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:08 pm

Hi

can you tell us where did you sign, which links you clicked and how much did you pay ? Also I can not find your order with your forum email address.

Kngstnguy

Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:15 am

I clicked using one of the links in the email I received. It brought me to:https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/support#vip

From there I clicked on the l8nk where it reads "Get instant VIP: Easy and secure checkout by FastSpring (15 USD) + TAX - pay by credit card etc..." which took me to:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/fl ... duct=osvip

I did choose the option to donate an additional $5 - not sure if that makes a difference. I paid $29.89 altogether.

My account is bduffy on the site, email is [email address removed by SmallBrother]

[Edit by SmallBrother]
@Oss
His account on opensubs.org is https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-9589780
For his email address, see PM.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:32 pm

Hi

ok, I made refund 8 CAD + TAX. I hope it is fine now, not sure why discount 20% was not applied, normally it is.

bobbie424242

Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:34 pm

As the owner and developer of an Android app that still uses the old API, does it mean that if I personally subscribe to VIP, my app will be able to still use the old API for all the users (logged in or not), or that the API would only work for a user logged in my app and that happens to also be a VIP user ?

Kngstnguy

Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi

ok, I made refund 8 CAD + TAX. I hope it is fine now, not sure why discount 20% was not applied, normally it is.
Thanks!!!

oss
Site Admin

Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:45 pm

Hi

to share VIP account with other users is not really what we want to do. For developers we have subscriptions prices
https://opensubtitles.stoplight.io/docs ... ion-prices
and it is correct way how to handle this situation

Return to “General talk”