Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
keiser

Plex and new API

Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:56 am

I am lazy and prefer tp download subtitles while watching a show via Plex.
I gather Plex might no longer be capable of accessing the new API in January.
Of course, I can log in and access Open Subtitles from my PC but from the TV is desirable.
As a new VIP member will there be a work around?

oss
Site Admin

Re: Plex and new API

Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Hi,

user-agents which got with us special cooperation, like a Plex, will still have access to old API. So everything will work for plex. But yeah, always is good to be on safe side, and support us, hey it is 12 bucks for 1 year :) thats like 2 beers and I can tell you, we love beer here in opensubtitles :)

keiser

Re: Plex and new API

Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:10 pm

Good to know.
Enough a beer on me. :)

Return to “General talk”