Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
loninapleton

submitting a subtitle made from a play text

Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:03 am

Hello,

I see where a play called The Man In The Glass Booth from 1974 is listed on opensubtitles.com

The notes say the sub is probably AI generated and contains errors. I am using an anonymous source to do the full line by line correction using Subtitle Edit by ear and with a printed text. It will also contain the Hearing Impaired indications of sound on the film not offered in any source.

How do I submit the subtitle when completed?

I have an opensubtitles upload code string which I only used once years ago. That may be inactive.

0pener

Re: submitting a subtitle made from a play text

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:46 pm

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... ovie-54190

Upload subtitles is at the bottom of the description box, where add languages and FPS...

You might want to log in first (perhaps get an account if you don't have one yet or ask staff).

PS: And thanks for the hard work!

loninapleton

Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Thanks for answering

I didn't understand how the opensubtitles.org changes would work either. Does it mean that you have to have a paid membership to submit?

0pener

Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:41 pm

Changes? Not aware of any (except that API-thing).

Nope, just signup:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/newuser

Or contact staff to get help with your old account (assuming from your "code string") .

loninapleton

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:47 pm

That all sounds good. I am not a google API owner. This current job will take a while doing everything manually plus research. I really don't know, aside from a private theatre group I'm in, that a new sub will get any views on opensubtitles. Dramas, operas and the like are available to me as downloadable media. So I do new subs from sources without an IMDb etc.

Return to “General talk”