Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
RNMcTZf9KoCfEh7x2jRM

VIP Issue

Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:18 pm

Im limited to download 10 subs....

i have VIP whats the limit here ?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: VIP Issue

Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:41 pm

The limit for VIP should be MUCH higher than that...
Are you sure you didn't download more subs by accident? For example all subs of a season of some tv-show. The counter goes by actual number of subtitles, not title (one title can have let's say 10 subtitles, 13 episodes would then be 130 subtitles).
And of course you should be logged-in, otherwise the counter goes by IP-address, not by username.

Also, counter is reset every 24 hours. So if there is some temporary problem, it should be automatically fixed within 24 hours. Is this the first and only time, or is this problem all the time?

If the problem persists, please let us know.

@Oss:
It's this user:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-9210903
VIP since March 2023
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:07 pm

Hi can you send screenshot so we can see you are logged in and you have reached limit ?

Lucky4Me

Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:31 am

The limit for VIP should be MUCH higher than that...
Are you sure you didn't download more subs by accident? For example all subs of a season of some tv-show. The counter goes by actual number of subtitles, not title (one title can have let's say 10 subtitles, 13 episodes would then be 130 subtitles).
And of course you should be logged-in, otherwise the counter goes by IP-address, not by username.

Also, counter is reset every 24 hours. So if there is some temporary problem, it should be automatically fixed within 24 hours. Is this the first and only time, or is this problem all the time?

If the problem persists, please let us know.

@Oss:
It's this user:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-9210903
VIP since March 2023
I said it, here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18357 and here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18362, there are problems with opensubtitles.
My IP has been banned ( I think) for using RSS-feeds, i get an error when i use RSS (even with login and pas) and i'm using this for a few years without problems, if i change to VPN, then i don't have a problem, the same with downloading subs, after a few subs, i also get the message, that i have to many downloads!

Grtz
Lucky4Me

oss
Site Admin

Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:08 pm

send me your IP so I can look into that. But yeah RSS feeds specially with offset is "expensive" operation so we are monitoring it.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:47 am

send me your IP so I can look into that. But yeah RSS feeds specially with offset is "expensive" operation so we are monitoring it.
In addition, do NOT post your IP address here in public, but send a private message to Oss using this link:
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=2
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:17 pm

or even better is to contact me via contact form: https://www.opensubtitles.org/contact-us

Return to “General talk”