Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Barfine

Can't upload

Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:14 pm

I recently attempted to upload some subtitle files, which I noticed were missing from the database. But the upload failed because the files were supposedly, already present. However, these files were shown as suspended. Why is this?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Can't upload

Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:25 pm

I recently attempted to upload some subtitle files, which I noticed were missing from the database. But the upload failed because the files were supposedly, already present. However, these files were shown as suspended. Why is this?
If the upload failed and you get that message this means that the subtitles you are trying to upload are duplicate of subtitles which were uploaded earlier and those were deleted for some reason.

Barfine

Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:37 am

@Funchalense
Yes, I realised that. But I am unable to upload these subtitle files, which are perfectly fine (as far as I can tell) so they will remain missing from the database. Seems very bad practice to me.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:17 am

But I am unable to upload these subtitle files, which are perfectly fine (as far as I can tell) so they will remain missing from the database. Seems very bad practice to me.
Of course, a missing episode is not nice, but a subtitle with some serious problem is also not very nice...

When you try to upload those subs and you get an error like "We already have this subtitle as blahblahblah.srt", the part "blahblahblah.srt" is a link. When you click that link you go to the deleted subtitle and (hopefully) there you can see the reason why it was deleted.

Additionally, you could upload the subtitle on some file sharing site and post the link here. Then we know what we are talking about.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

0pener

Re: Can't upload - Error 4

Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:28 pm

Similar issue here:

Tried to fill up season 5 for voyager in french with a multiple upload
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... movie-1733

I had done so before about 2 weeks ago but the database had a major fuckup (pardon!) back then. scooby007 was so kind to inform me that there was some migrating back and forth for cleansing the DB (hence the problem).

Now titles are still not showing up for s5 and I get messages like:

How do we fix that? Shall I add a word like "Hooray for opensubttiles.org!" to every sub for a different hash to make it go? :mrgreen: Or is there something more reasonable to try? Perhaps I should mention that I "deleted" them back then (they showed as 25CD or so upload, AFAIR).

Edit: Ohmy, s7 as well - must have been very enthusiastic 2 weeks ago :D

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Can't upload - Error 4

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:24 pm

Similar issue here:

Tried to fill up season 5 for voyager in french with a multiple upload

I had done so before about 2 weeks ago but the database had a major fuckup (pardon!) back then. scooby007 was so kind to inform me that there was some migrating back and forth for cleansing the DB (hence the problem).

Now titles are still not showing up for s5 and I get messages like:

How do we fix that? Shall I add a word like "Hooray for opensubttiles.org!" to every sub for a different hash to make it go? :mrgreen: Or is there something more reasonable to try? Perhaps I should mention that I "deleted" them back then (they showed as 25CD or so upload, AFAIR).

Edit: Ohmy, s7 as well - must have been very enthusiastic 2 weeks ago :D
I re-enable your old uploads (with 21 subtitles s05 and s07 with 11 subtitles)
Then split and parse the subtitles.

Subtitles here:

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 8/season-5
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 8/season-7

0pener

Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:09 pm

Dear Funchalense! Thanks a lot!

Happy weekend!

0pener

Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:02 pm

Oh noes! I did break the splitter again:

Was in a happy mood after finishing the norwegian subs for S6, so I upped them all but it failed... :? I am so very sorry!

Would it be possible to run the splitter again, or do some other magic?

PS: Is there anything I could do to make it easier for the splitter? For example different naming perhaps (total vanilla, season and episode only)?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 am

I saw that for season 6 the episodes 13-26 are fine already.
For the missing episodes, I only found episode 1 and 2 as unclassified and I fixed those.

It's very strange why the automatic parsing (setting it to the correct episode) works for some and not for others. I thought maybe the addition "Lx5+10" is confusing the automatic detection, but then that would be the case for all of them, not just a few, I would say...
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

0pener

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:17 am

Yeah, weird indeed :shock: Thanks for the swift response!

So I went along with s6e3 but ran into a "normal" error: It existed already. Okay, I fixed it by changing it to the exact IMDB-code.

No other unclassifieds were shown (at least not mine), so I tried the rest with multi and I got that ominous error as before (...not properly uploaded for unknown reason...). NB: Not showing to me anywhere.

My dirty workaround: I found spots to add a dot (to get a different hash) and renamed them to "Star Trek Voyager s6eXX.no.srt", Tried again, it worked. I hope this lazy man approach doesn't cause the world to break apart, does it? :lol:

So, in the future I will strip the names from any non-essential things, perhaps that is confusing the splitter sometimes. (also started making screenshots of all and any steps).

0pener

Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:12 am

GRR! Happened again:

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... e-brain-pt

In my release the counting was off, so renamed the counting accordingly to IMDB (as in OS as well). Alas, the splitter didn't kick in and again it turned to 13CD...

Could our wonderful staff do some magic here?

PS: :? *sigh* BTW, why is there still multi-CD anyway? This multi disc stuff is a thing of the past and should be completely disabled and splitter always enforced, eh?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:56 pm

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... e-brain-pt
Could our wonderful staff do some magic here?
Something went terribly wrong. Only episode S01E13 came through and on top of that without file. Even deleting was a problem, but I managed. I can't do anything better.
Please try again, but before you do, change 'something' in that episode 13 to avoid running into some duplicate error. For example shift all timings with 1 ms.
PS: :? *sigh* BTW, why is there still multi-CD anyway? This multi disc stuff is a thing of the past and should be completely disabled and splitter always enforced, eh?
Agreed, that multi-disk upload is a bit outdated. But it still serves a purpose, because like this (with a split & parse afterwards) you can upload a whole season much easier than one by one. Well, if everything goes as it should :?

0pener

Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:52 am

because like this (with a split & parse afterwards)
I see. OK, wilco.

BTW, not entirely sure yet but I think stripping names of "garbage" does seems to work better, at least I didnt have any fails there, yet. Well, will keep an eye on that.

Thanks for getting back <3

0pener

Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:32 pm

For the record (excuse my shouting):

YES. STRIPPING ALL "USELESS" INFORMATION HELPS A LOT!

For example
Solar.Opposites.S04E07.no.srt
instead of
Solar.Opposites.S04E07.The.Cardboard.Dead.Drop.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.no.srt

Not only it did work always successful so far but often enough it doesn't even end in a timeout but
Thanks, subtitle upload was successful
8)

PS: Thanks again for the hint with switching it by millisecond, that is really a live saver!

oss
Site Admin

Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:26 pm

question, if you upload Solar.Opposites.S04E07.The.Cardboard.Dead.Drop.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.no.srt as single file, it works, right ?

Return to “General talk”