Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Pallemannen

Subtitle not listed under the movie

Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:40 pm

Hi

(This is my first uploaded subtitle, and this is my first forum post. Just let me know if I did anything wrong in either aspect and I'll adapt.)

I uploaded this subtitle for Mavka: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... st-song-sv

It is there, and I can see all the details. (The uploader is wrong though, since I forgot to login before uploading.)

But it is not listed under the movie: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... t-5/desc-1

It was for a while, but then it disappeared.

Why? Do I need to do something? Or is it just some batch update issue that will get solved by itself?

Regards
/P

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle not listed under the movie

Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:38 pm

First of all, I have set the subtitle to your account.

Secondly, no, there is nothing more you need to do, it should show when you do a search.
Subs may not show instantly after uploading, but you say at some point they did.
So there is something wrong on our side.

Just recently we had a bug, which was fixed, but maybe the reindexing is related.
I would say just wait 24 hours, see if the problem is solved.
If not, come back here and we'll see what to do.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Pallemannen

Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:03 pm

Thanks! I'll check in a few days if it pops up.

Question: I have now seen the movie, so I can confirm that the subtitles worked fine the whole time. I also made som minor changes based on the contexts in the movie. How do I upload the new version? Do I delete the old one and upload the new one, or is there some versioning system that I'm unable to find?

Regards
/P

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:31 pm

How do I upload the new version? Do I delete the old one and upload the new one, or is there some versioning system that I'm unable to find?
You can update your existing subtitle, this is the best method.
Just click on "Correct subtitles" (Rapportera felaktiga undertexter) and then "update" (Uppdatera).
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:30 am

Thanks! I'll check in a few days if it pops up.
We did some re-reindexing and it looks like everything is okay now.

Pallemannen

Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:59 pm

Thank you, looking good!

This was fun, I'll do it again some time.

Return to “General talk”