Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
0pener

Sorting By Language

Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:08 am

Howdy!

Just signed up in the forum to ask this:

For any specific movie it is possible to sort by some fields like number of downloads, see example (please note the little red triangle):

However, far more important to me would be to sort by language: Often enough I have one or more subs and I'd upload them but it is the proverbial pain in the butt to check if they already exist since they show up in chronological order. There is no way to sort them by language (even though other columns are sortable).

Instead clicking the language column drops me into the 2-page "mess" of choosing languages. That makes it unnecessary hard to compare my subs with subs available here. *sigh*

Could such sorting be added, please?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Sorting By Language

Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:01 pm

Howdy!

Just signed up in the forum to ask this:

For any specific movie it is possible to sort by some fields like number of downloads, see example (please note the little red triangle):

However, far more important to me would be to sort by language: Often enough I have one or more subs and I'd upload them but it is the proverbial pain in the butt to check if they already exist since they show up in chronological order. There is no way to sort them by language (even though other columns are sortable).

Instead clicking the language column drops me into the 2-page "mess" of choosing languages. That makes it unnecessary hard to compare my subs with subs available here. *sigh*

Could such sorting be added, please?
Next to the search bar, you have the option to choose languages.
Choose the languages ​​you want to search, then insert the title of the movie/series.
Will only search in the languages ​​you selected.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 14-00-33 Subtitles - download movie and TV Series subtitles.png
Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 14-00-33 Subtitles - download movie and TV Series subtitles.png (7.46 KiB) Viewed 2957 times

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:07 pm

Hey,

Maybe I'm thinking to deep on this one, but you can't from the picture you provided in the forms of columns. If you could select the language column the way you do for the downloaded column and the date column, then it would circle through A-Z which will take you forever to get to the right language anyway.
If Funchalense's answer met your requirements, then fair enough.

If not, the following method will be fastest:
Which ever movie page you are on, assuming all language subs are displayed and not a specific language, from the left-side of the column click on the movie name title using your mouse scroll button which will open that particular sub on a different tab on your browser. Go to that tab and scroll down>Interesting Links>All subtitles for this movie in this language. That will show all subs for that movie/episode in the language that you selected.

Method 2:
In the URL bar where it says: /sublanguageid-all, if you change the language setting "all" to "eng", that will show just English subs for the selected movie/episodes. Or as per your picture, "fre" for French results.

For any other major changes, I think they will only implement bigger and newer features on the new site to which you can submit your ideas here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16844

Hope that helps.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

0pener

Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:47 pm

Thanks for the quick responses <3

Alas, always changing movies/episodes come always with a different set of languages. So, if I want to check quickly what languages exist, such scrolling and selecting to compare, it gets very tiresome.

I was just hoping that implementation would be easy (ORDER BY Language_ID) ;)

Anyway, just figured that smplayer actually has a language sorting and with searching by IMDB-ID it does produce the desired result:

Can be lengthy with some titles but still easier to compare the two sets of languages.

Oh yes, good idea, perhaps I can convince our site's gods to add some sorting feature in the advanced search :)

Return to “General talk”