Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Ricardo-1962

Hungarian Subtitles

Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 pm

Hello, Can somebody explain me why sometimes they have hungarian subtitles for lets say 8 episodes and then the rest of the series not.
Many times this happens.
So you watch the serie from episode 1 till 6 with hungarian subtitles, you want to look episode 7 and they are no more there.
And they naver come back.
Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks

Greetings Rico

Verdike
Subtitles Admin

Re: Hungarian Subtitles

Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:11 pm

The answer is simple. Many series are translated by amateurs; they "carry on" the work for a while, but suddenly something comes up, and they are forced to stop, and no one steps in their place. Moreover, if the official SubRip doesn't come out afterward, then several episodes remain without subtitles.

pipporan
Subtitles Admin

Re: Hungarian Subtitles

Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:57 am

That's absolutely true, but it's not only a matter of translation by amateurs, or about subs that come out later, like with Blurays.
In last months, i uploaded lots of subs in most languages, and sometimes it happens that retail subs for some shows just don't come out.
It happens with several languages (with eastern europeans quite often, or ITALIAN as well), with "secondary" languages, but sometimes with most "important" languages as well, languages spoken by hundreds of millions worldwide (like ARABIC).
Few days ago, for instance, i was uploading all languages for all episodes for a brand new show and, for SLOVAK language, the official retail subs of episodes E02, E04 and one another were just missing, and probably they will never come out later.
I don't know why, but it happens. :?

Return to “Magyar”