Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
fontexam_aki

I would like to delete my subtitles - law reasons

Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:49 pm

I would like to delete my subtitles - law reasons

I uploaded subtitle anonymously some time ago. I'm not sure if everything is ok with law, so i would prefer it will be deleted. How can i do?

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ou-chou-ru

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: I would like to delete my subtitles - law reasons

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:54 pm

Hi,

Sorry, you can't delete them because they are not in your name and you are not liable for them in any given law that can be proven. They are uploaded by "anonymous"! Any law against the file isn't something you are liable for. So there is nothing for you to worry about. The only thing that would possibly make you liable is advertising everywhere that you are the anonymous uploader.

More importantly, it can't be proven you were the original uploader, either.

Even registered users are never targets of any law or copyright acts, it's the site that gets the message to take down any subtitles by media, subtitling, broadcasting companies, etc, not the user themselves.

Good day.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

fontexam_aki

Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 pm

Hi,

Sorry, you can't delete them because they are not in your name and you are not liable for them in any given law that can be proven. They are uploaded by "anonymous"! Any law against the file isn't something you are liable for. So there is nothing for you to worry about. The only thing that would possibly make you liable is advertising everywhere that you are the anonymous uploader.

More importantly, it can't be proven you were the original uploader, either.

Even registered users are never targets of any law or copyright acts, it's the site that gets the message to take down any subtitles by media, subtitling, broadcasting companies, etc, not the user themselves.

Good day.
Ok then, I'm relieved, thank you. But can you delete them so I would upload them from my account? I made these subtitles a while ago and corrected some of the bad mistakes and misspellings there.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:00 pm

Ok then, I'm relieved, thank you. But can you delete them so I would upload them from my account? I made these subtitles a while ago and corrected some of the bad mistakes and misspellings there.
Sorry, but firstly you want to have these anonymous subs deleted for legal reasons and now you want to re-upload these subs under your account anyway? Does that make sense to you? Not to me. Can you explain, please?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

fontexam_aki

Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:26 pm

Sorry, but firstly you want to have these anonymous subs deleted for legal reasons and now you want to re-upload these subs under your account anyway? Does that make sense to you? Not to me. Can you explain, please?
Previously I thought I would have problems if I posted them from my account. But now I researched the topic and in my country I'm not under any threat

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:06 pm

so upload the new subtitles under your account, or anonymous and then ask for deletion for old one. easy like that.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:29 pm

If you tell me your username (not for this forum, but for the subtitles site), I can set that subtitle to your account.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

fontexam_aki

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:43 pm

so upload the new subtitles under your account, or anonymous and then ask for deletion for old one. easy like that.
Thank you, will do

fontexam_aki

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:45 pm

If you tell me your username (not for this forum, but for the subtitles site), I can set that subtitle to your account.
The username is just fontexam
Thank you.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:57 pm

The username is just fontexam
Thank you.
The subs are on your account now.
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ou-chou-ru

Return to “General talk”