Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kgbk

Special Feature Request - Searching Inside Subtitles

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:05 pm

Hi,

I have a special request. Can you add a feature where you can do a keyword search inside the subtitles? For example, you want to search all english subtitles on the website for the word "philosophy" and it returns all results with all subtitles that contain that word.

I think this will take things to the next level. There's a lot of interesting content in subtitles and being able to search through them would be very useful for things like finding movies you may like that you didn't know about that contain certain keywords and many other uses. It will be like google books but for movies! Like the ability to search for text inside millions of books, but for movies (subtitles)! This is amazing and you can easily do it.

Please get back to me on this one, I'm really interested in getting this implemented!

oss
Site Admin

Re: Special Feature Request - Searching Inside Subtitles

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Hi

it is definitely possible, but there are another few stuff which have priority. There are some other websites which are doing exactly this :)

theimortalone

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:15 am

that would be perfect for my purposes. i am using hard of hearing subtitles to single out episodes with car honks (get enough of the #*$% in real life). all i can do is download them all and use a program that searches a directory of files for a word (notepad++). it's fine the way it is (specially with 1000 a day limit with vip) but that would be cool

kgbk

Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 pm

Hi

it is definitely possible, but there are another few stuff which have priority. There are some other websites which are doing exactly this :)
Which websites are those? Do you have links? Please share!

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:56 pm

quick google search brings me for example:
https://www.quodb.com/

Return to “General talk”