Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kohutisko

Command line parameters + typos in the GUI

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:36 am

First of all - thanks for the great tool, guys. A superb idea that must have struck the mind of every many movie fan out there but you made it real.

One suggestion to improve the utility of this tool - program parameters or command line parameters. Somebody mentioned context menu support a couple of topics before. Until you manage to cope with that, at least the support for command line parameters would be great. It's not much work (compared to context menu) and many people already have some tools to include custom commands in their context menus. That's why I think this could substitute for the missing context menu feature.

Second... I noticed a glitch or two in the english version of the Preferences, don't take it personally. Here they are:
prefered language -> preferred language
...an user account... -> ... a user account ... (I would also leave out the "yet then" in the same sentence, but that's just my impression. I'm not native.)
The same directory than... -> The same directory as ...

Those are my two cents, keep going!

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:09 am

hello kohutisko,

thanks for your 2 cents! to questions: there are already some commandline parameters I gues, if not, it is in todo :)
for typos - yes, we are not native too, so we will correct that in next version. I know there are more typos than these. We are also preparing multilanguage version...
thanks for support, keep spreading :)

capiscuas

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am

https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+download

Subdownloader 2.0 works with parameters now as a commandline version.

Return to “Programs using OS”