Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
amk303

MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:09 pm

System: WinXP SP2
installed subdownloader1.2.4.1.exe with getting no error.
can't start the programm, following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "SubDownloader.py", line 20, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 44, in ?
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

already copied the gdiplus.dll into the directory and in the windows/system32 directory, but still can't run the program

what can i do now?!?

esx

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "SubDownloader.py", line 20, in ?
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 44, in ?
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Same problem here with version 1.2.4.1 and 1.2.6 too.

WinXP SP2

dbaalborg

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Error when launching 1.2.9 on WinXP, just after a fresh install of XP. It is the same with older versions:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last): File "SubDownloader.py", line 20, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 am

I think this is caused with regional settings of your Windows. Could you write which reg. settings are you using ?

dbaalborg

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:03 am

My windows is in French, but I had no problems AT ALL before reinstalling it, and it comes from the same CD... Why would it not function anymore?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:55 pm

this error is really weird, because it is cause py2exe application. I searched on web, and we are not alone, who has troubles with this stuff.

Check for example this:
http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 8&oe=utf-8

wait for next release, we will lower compression and maybe it will work. Workaround is running subdownloader from sources (nothing hard)

dbaalborg

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:45 am

OK, so now it works... Really strange!

The only noticeable thing I did on my computer is install all the non-critical updates from windowsupdate.com, such as Windows media player etc... But I don't understand why it would affect anything regarding Subdownloader...

Concerning running it from the source, now I don't need it anymore but maybe you could tell us if there is any kind of tutorial (I haven't searched on the site, so maybe there is one) explaining how to do it, for people with no python programming notions...

Anyway, now I will again be able to use this wonderful program, Subdownloader!!!

oss
Site Admin

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:43 am

uff, this is really funny, installing updates will make Subdownloader work. Hm, I thought it has something with py2exe or regional settings. WOW. Did you install Subdownloader from same installation file, or did you downloaded Subdownloader again ?

UPDATE
you can find how-to for windows on: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... structions

(we are moving sourceforge and forja to this site:)

dbaalborg

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:29 am

No, actually I didn't reinstall the program, it was still installed, but I just re-tried to launch it... I really don't understand why updating XP would change anything...
++

capiscuas

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 am

there is a new version os subdownloader, please update
https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+download

Return to “Programs using OS”