Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
eumetis

subtitles for videos that are not part of IMDB

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:22 am

Ey I am wondering, can we upload - share subtitles for other kind of videos that are not the normal imdb movies?

It would be great to integrate subdownloader with programs that read videoblogs, like for example Miro, but there is a minimum size for the video and many activists videos in blip.tv or similar are just 5 minutes or 3 minutes.

Also, there are many videos in .mp4 or .ogg format. Is it planned to support them in subdownloader? Can I upload subtitles for them and they are going to stay in the database?

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 am

for now - just upload them somehow, use similar name as on IMDB, in future there will be possibility to add moviename and create own movie profile.

I dont know whats the current minimum size for video - can you tell me ?

subdownloader or any other application should support any extension (it is about hashes), so you can upload subtitles for ogg or mp4, no worries - and they will stay in db.

eumetis

support for .ogg or .mp4

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:47 am

The subdownloader allows you to use them, but when the file selector reads "video files" doesn't show them, just when you change it for "all files".

If you select "all files" then you can select other formats.

It would be nice that those other video formats appeared under the "video files" selection.

Return to “Developing”