Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Barold

Details not recognised - kodi.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi,

I hope I'm not being a nuisance but I'm not too familiar with technicalities, Ive tried to find the answer by search and cant seem to find reference, although I've no doubt its been covered...

I have created an account and installed on Kodi but when I search for subs, it doesnt recognise my details. How can I resve this please?

Thx in anticipation...

oss
Site Admin

Re: Details not recognised - kodi.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:19 am

hi,

send me your IP address, it can be a problem.

Barold

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks for your reply.

I use a vpn so the my ip address will be masked and pro ably randomly generated. I dont really want to use kodi without the vpn on

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:41 am

Thanks for your reply.
pro ably randomly generated. I dont really want to use kodi without the vpn on
Hey,
Pick a specific IP address to use with Kodi and stick to it if possible and that one oss may unblock.
We can't unblock all random IP addresses as most are used for spamming and abusive purposes.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

DanlP

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:25 am

Oh ..................

THAT'S why OS doesn't work in Kodi. A Kodi developer (in their forum) told me it was an error handling something on the side of OS ... but I didn't believe him.

And I have the same "VPN problem" ... don't even know how to select some specific IP address. So I guess OS is out of the question for me. Dang ... always not a problem login in from a browser ... was hoping there was a kodi fix

Understand (I think) why you do this ... but ... can you suggest some other subtitle service that I might be able to access from within Kodi?

DanlP

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:38 am

So I thought that while I'm here maybe I can just download subtitles manually for the TV series I'm trying to binge (sleeper cell). But I guess I went too fast b/c it seems I looked like a spammer or abuser to the system and now ... zilch

Think maybe I'm just not expert enuf to use OS ...

oss
Site Admin

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi

well, if you would PM me your IP address I can help. If you dont know about your IP address, I can not help. If you need to know your IP address, just google it (like everything:)

DanlP

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:16 am

Hi

Well, I PM'ed oss - changed my VPN setting to "Connect to last connected server, hoping this would freeze the IP address - but apparently there is no getting around the problem since OS is still not working in Kodi.

I've only ever used OS for subtitles.

Anyone suggest another service that works in Kodi/VPN ?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi

in your VPN you can always choose certain server, if you would tell me the IP of that server, I can whitelist it for a while. The problem is it is working for a while and then we got some threshold amount of tries and then it is blocked again.

Sure you can try other services, just check KODI repository for subtitles addons

Return to “General talk”