Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
antoine71

How to use subtitles with an avi file together??

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:12 am

Happy new year....2008

I am very new to all these things...and i would like a help if possible.

I want to watch a downloaded movie ( i use media player classic) and i want at least to have english subtitles with it.

What do i have to do to achieve that thing????
How???

Please help!!!

my private e-mail(if needed): [email protected]

Thank you all in advance

Best regards from Greece
Antonio

kruelkad

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Find the subtitles for your movie. If there are many available files, you will simply need to try which work best with your movie.

Unzip to the same folder as your movie file, rename the subtitle to the same exact name as the movie file (except the extension, of course), play your movie - the subs should show up automatically.

Hope this helps.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:27 pm

yeaurhot06

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:50 am

what if the avi file is not a movie? what if its a television show ripped from a website? pls help

mmtrh

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 am

what if the avi file is not a movie? what if its a television show ripped from a website? pls help
Suggestion, although laborious, if you don´t have the subtitles. Hope it is not a long movie: Get the Sony Vegas studio+DVD architect or vegas pro 8.0+DVD architect pro. You can make your own subtitles from any of them to burn on a DVD. But if you want to make a subtitle file to make available for others then use the "pro" version.Steps: a) Open your movie by importing it from the "window docking area" (second icon left) in the project media tag; b) Double click on it to send it to the timeline (or drag it); c)Play your movie and stop every time you want to insert a subtitle; a1) If you don´t want to make a subtitle file just right click on the "text track" and choose "insert text media". Type your text, size 26 (worked well for me), placement "bottom center", etc. and close the window. Drag the right side to the text media event to stretch to the point in the timeline you want it lasts. Make your movie (on top), chose to save to DVD, before "finish" chose open DVD architect and burn your DVD; a2) If you want to make a subtitle file, instead of chosing "insert text media" in the "pro" version left click on the track top or below your movie-sound tracks and drag it to the right to select a region where you want your subtitle. In the tool bar on top go to "insert" "region" and write your subtitle text for that region in the space offered. When finished go to tool bar "tools", scripting, export regions as subtitles and save it. Click make movie, chose to make a DVD, send to dvd architect. There you can import the subtitle file after creating a subtrack track. My problem was with the scripting the subtitle and I can figure out how I did after losing 9 DVDs :-( Please let me know when you get to that point. I am also a beginner but I did my first job!!!!!. Hope this helps

to use later use the "studio" version. and make a DVD with Right clidk

Return to “Programs using OS”