Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Mithror

Download Limit Reached at 200 as VIP?

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:27 pm

I installed bazarr today to download subtitles and of course there's a lot of subtitles to download (though less than a 1000 atm). I bought the VIP membership to support the site and because it allows for 1000 downloads/24h, though I would only need this the first couple of days (maybe even one day...) However, I reached a limit after 200 downloads already. I confirmed this by trying to download from the site directly. Is there something I am missing?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Download Limit Reached at 200 as VIP?

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:39 pm

Maybe you are downloading more than you think. That could be a problem with automatic software.

And/or there may be some confusion about what is "one download". One download for one epsiode of a tv show could exist of 30+ subtitles (= 30 downloads). See viewtopic.php?t=17005
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Mithror

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Sure, but when I look at my account I see the following:
Downloaded subtitles: 200
So if it were downloading multiple versions per episode and even for more than 1 language (which I configured it not to do). I would expect that number to be 1000, no?

Mithror

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:27 pm

That's true, but would my account not indicate 1000 downloaded subtitles then, rather than 200? I can see all the individual subtitles downloaded with my account and it's not multiple per episode. It's just the one I requested and the total is a capped at 200, rather than the 1000 I expected.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:31 am

I looked a bit further and found the answer.

You posted your message here on Sat 10 Oct 2020 15:27
You are VIP-member since Sat 10 Oct 2020 15:31
So you reached the limit of 200 while you were not VIP yet (the VIP status is set manually and therefore not automatically instantly after you pay).

I guess now things are as they should be.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Mithror

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:51 am

Oh that could be it, though I did try to download manually several hours later on and I still got the warning that I was at my limit. It does seem like I can download now. I don't mind having to wait a couple of days btw, happy to pay just to support, but it was something I was curious about! :)

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:33 pm

I don't mind having to wait a couple of days btw, happy to pay just to support, but it was something I was curious about! :)
Thank you for the support. Much obliged.
You shouldn't have to wait a few days with the limit for a VIP and general usage.
I'd also add, If you've already hit your limit for the day, or a close to it, buying a VIP won't help to reset the counter for that day. The VIP limit will start the next day.
I believe you should be okay now, if any further problems occur that don't fit the troubleshooting criteria mentioned by SB, then please use the "contact us" feature from the main site with the details so the developer can have a look.

Thank you.

Return to “General talk”