Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
leonsims

Error: All subtitles for this TV Series

Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if it's the right topic.

My problem is when I upload subtitles for a series, that has not yet been uploaded. (With the imdb number of the episode)
The overview page of the series is not loaded "Error (1)". Even then, the synchronization to Opensubtitles.com does not work.
But when I accidentally took the wrong IMDB number from the IMDB overview.
The overview page works well.
And the new uploaded Subtitles was synchronizing to Opensubtitles.com.

I didn't have the problem in 2018.

I hope for an answer, maybe I'll do something wrong.

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Error: All subtitles for this TV Series

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if it's the right topic.

My problem is when I upload subtitles for a series, that has not yet been uploaded. (With the imdb number of the episode)
The overview page of the series is not loaded "Error (1)"..
Hi,

Is it a new series or an old one? If new, it can sometimes resolve itself provided the right IMDb ID was used.
It's always best to provide links to what you see so we can verify it on the main site which is .org.
,com can take 24hrs to show subs from here to there, but as it's still in beta testing, that transfer to the .com site isn't always working or a priority to be fixed.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Good morning,

Had this same problem recently on uploading a new series (Quincey, M.E). I followed scooby007's advice and have since avoided any recurrence of the missing overview page and "Error (1) issues.

"The issue I experienced was caused by "not" loading files to the "series" IMDB ID and letting the software sort out things, but by loading files individually from the "episode" ID. Apparently the software works by drilling down the tree structure from the top level and not up."

Have used the "series" IMDB I.D. since then for new series/seasons uploads and it has worked to a tee.......just my two cents, hope this helps.

leonsims

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello,

(@Mrtinkles)
You mean I should take the IMDB series overview and upload everything there, wouldn't it be messed up?
Or did I get it wrong?

(@scooby007)
It was
https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/ssearc ... vie-947732
and
https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/ssearc ... vie-947731
With the first link there was no improvement for about 3 weeks. (Not Sync & Not Overview)
At second Link. I uploaded season 1 and waited a day, not synchronized & not Overview. As (* see below), I then uploaded the second season was synced. But, because I took the IMDB ID from the overview page and uploaded a subtitle, it was fixed. (Sync and overview page)

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Ah, sorry, I guess I didn't know what you actually meant. If it's the same problem as mrtinkles, then I'll tell you what I told him. As long as by "IMDB series overview" you mean the main root series ID, right?

So for the first link above you gave me, the link for that is: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/ And that's what you refer to as: "IMDB series overview"?

Okay, if you come across that again for a series that doesn't have a page full of empty episode slots or individual episode numbers, then use the main root IMDb series ID URL when uploading multiple subtitles for that series.
Like: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/ rather than the individual episode URL. Individual episode ID's can be used once the series page exists and you haven't got multiple uploads to upload.

For that to work, the .srt files should be named as: Magic-Kaito1412-S01E01 format. Notice the S01E01 as opposed to S01-E01. Sometimes even the latter naming format may work, but best not to risk it.

Do the following:

1: Have all subtitles named correctly with their release name, if you have the release name.
2: Fill in all data on the upload page and select hearing impaired tab (HI) if they are HI subs and choose correct FPS.
3: In the IMDb ID box, fill the main series URL: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4008500/
4: Click "Browse" and select all the subtitles from your folder for that season. Normally 20-30 max at a time.
5: Click on upload.

This may take some time, but the site will split the episodes itself to individual episode slots and assign the individual episode ID's to them automatically. In the end it will either say thank you for your upload or give you a 503-500 error message. That's okay.
Click back on your browser, remove the HI tab from the upload page and select all none HI subtitles now and do the same thing as before.

This will save you a lot of time as opposed to uploading them individually. Bare in mind, the above automatic split and parse (split and assign individual episode IMDb ID) will only work if that series had individual episode IMDb ID's available to begin with. After uploading, check to see if it was done correctly. If any episodes weren't given the individual ID, then just edit them and assign it manually. It's very rare that this method wouldn't work for you.

I checked your subtitles for that series above, and you've been spending way too much time uploading them individually. Thank you, though. :D
Following the above method should also save you a lot of time during upload.

Recap: Only use individual episode ID's when a main series page exists on the site or you have only one or two subtitles to upload. For multiple subs, upload them altogether.

If you use the above method and it still doesn't show properly, contact an admin and ask them to use the "IMDb Update" feature and that should fix any missing episodes after the upload that don't show in the episode list.

Hope that helps and answers your questions.

leonsims

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you for the information and that you have made an effort to check / write.

(Yes, I meant IMDB series root ID)

Now I understand my mistake and therefore also understand better how Opensubtitles works.

Also thanks for the explanation with the multiple uploading and numbering so that it really becomes easier with the uploading :) .

That should solve my problem :mrgreen: .

Thank you

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 pm

HI,

There was no mistake on your part. The above method is just a faster way of uploading.

When a series page doesn't exist because there are no subs for it, even uploading just one sub for episode 10 using an individual episode ID rather than the main series IMDb ID should still show the rest of the empty episodes for which there are no subtitles available.
Normally this happens within 24hrs as OS database cache for series pages that has subs refreshes every 24hrs. As its not working for you guys, maybe we'll need to look into that. Once trying the above method, just let us know all was okay.

Thanks.

leonsims

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Hey,

The method of uploading everything in the IMDB root ID works well (see https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/ssearc ... vie-948218) that the 13 is not sorted. This is due to an IMDB mistake.

Here I just did what you said: https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/subtit ... e-class-de
Uploading one Episode with individual episode ID.

scooby007
Site Admin

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:36 pm

Hey,

The method of uploading everything in the IMDB root ID works well (see https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/ssearc ... vie-948218) that the 13 is not sorted. This is due to an IMDB mistake.
Hi. Yes, I saw episode 13 doesn't exist on IMDb, that's beyond our control. Once it exists, try not to forget to correct its ID.
Here I just did what you said: https://www.opensubtitles.org/de/subtit ... e-class-de
Uploading one Episode with individual episode ID.
You uploaded one individually as there were no other subs? Okay, understood. When you click on "show all subtitles for this series" that one does give an "error 1" message. Don't change the IMDb ID to that one, we'll investigate as to why that happens.

Thanks.

Return to “General talk”