Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
desve

Subtitles too little in Burned Divx

Fri May 30, 2008 2:17 am

I have a reproductor toshiba that reproduces different formats of video (mpg, avi, etc).

I burned an .Avi file and its subtitle with the same name.

When you selects the file a menu appears to select the appropiate subtitle, I select the subtitle and the film begin displaying.

But... surprise... the subtitle is to little and is hard to see far from the TV.

In a normal pc reproductor I can change the size of text, but the toshiba reproductor does not have options to resize the subtitles.

Any idea to add in the subtitle to modify the size of the text?.

Thanks.

LeapinLar

Fri May 30, 2008 4:34 am

devse

If your Toshiba reproductor (I assume you mean DVD player) is Divx compatible, you can use a PC program to "Attach" the Subs directly to the movie file before you burn it to DVD and try to play it. The beauty of this program is that you can choose your own font and size before attaching the sub to the movie and they display on your DVD player in the same font and size.

You can get the free program (AVIAddXSubs) here:

http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

Also see this post for a similar question:

viewtopic.php?t=1217

LeapinLar

Return to “Off-topic talk”