Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
rednoah

401 Unauthorized: Logout for anonymous

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that although you can login as anonymous user, logout always returns a "401 Unauthorized" status message.

The same code works when I login with my user.

Is there some reason why an anonymous user can't logout?

oss
Site Admin

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:55 pm

I think you are talking about XMLRPC - I can check the code, and correct it.

rednoah

Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Yes, this is an XML-RPC issue.

oss
Site Admin

Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 am

I really dont know why it is happening, it happens all the time, I mean you press login and then logout ? Because one reason should be session time out, so logout returns false, because no session exists. I can return always 200 OK, so you wont bother...

rednoah

Sat May 24, 2008 2:17 pm

It's definitely not a timeout issue. I call logout 5 seconds after login. The http response code is 200 OK. But the status value in the response xml 401 Unauthorized.

For me, this is not a big problem, because I could just not check the status when calling logout (comment one line).

Still this problem is kind of weird because everything works fine when logging in/out as myself.

Return to “Developing”