Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Staniel_Poops

Downloading an Entire Season at Once

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:40 am

Hi, I'm new to the site and forums. I wanted to download some bulk subs and have had trouble doing so.

I tried to download the entire Season 1 of Stargate SG-1, rather than do individual subs at the same time. Son the page I saw the bulk download icon next to the season number, and clicked. I was given the message that "I can't download more than 200 subs at once and I was trying to DL 211 subs". It said to reduce the files I was requesting but I didn't see any way to do this, I saw only the icon I could click to bulk download and for whatever reason it tried to give me 211 files for a 22 episode season. I tried messing with the search parameters as well, for instance S1 of SG-1, but the dedicated SG-1 page is the only page where I can find the seasonal bulk download links, all search results just return many pages of many individual episode links, and I'm not seeing a bulk down load for S1 on the results pages.

Could somebody please direct me on how to properly filter bulk downloads, for languages or whatever, so I can grab a whole season at once? I have VIP status if that matters.

Thanks for the help.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Downloading an Entire Season at Once

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 am

the best way is to use some program for download. We limit 200 subtitles per season for obvious reasons (we create ZIP in real time and it is quite high load for server). So either you select just 1 language and try to download, or better - use the program for download. It depends which operating system you use, but for mac OSX I can recommend flixtools, the best ever program.
VIP have 1000 downloads a day, so 211 shouldn't be a problem.
As mentioned, please use a download tool. Would be better and more accurate for the videos you have.

Staniel_Poops

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm

the best way is to use some program for download.
I'd really rather not. This laptop is old and spartan. Also uses Win 7 so I basically just use it for watching vids now and don't want to put any unnecessary new programs on it.
We limit 200 subtitles per season for obvious reasons (we create ZIP in real time and it is quite high load for server). So either you select just 1 language and try to download
Right, this is what the error message said. But what I'm asking is, "How do I do this?" I didn't see a place to filter for languages except in the search bar and in my own profile. But neither of those options gave me an option to do the season download in any particular language. Is there a way on-site that I can pick and choose which language or which version of subtitles to filter out while still doing a single bulk download?

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 am

Hi,

Firstly, those programs mentioned are very light and not resource hungry, the Spartan shouldn't have any problems using it. If you had other reasons to not use the program, then fair enough.

The following link should only display subs for that series in English: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... dmovie-415
Changing the language in the search bar is sufficient and I believe you did it right the first time, nothing more special needs doing. Those 211 subtitles for season 1 are all in English, not all other languages. So you can't filter them any further.

211 shouldn't be a problem for you with the VIP account that you have. Just make sure you're logged in. If you were logged in and still can't download more that 200 subs a day, then please log a ticket using the "contact us" form at the bottom of the main site page. Also send them your IP.
If you're using a VPN, it could mean others share the IP and that IP address is actually downloading more than 1000 subs in 24hrs.

You can use the search field in many different ways. Dragging and dropping your video file in the search field will give you actual subs that are synced to that release, as long as a hash is submitted for that video. Pasting an IMDb ID in the search field and hitting enter. Or searching with the video release name also yields results. Until it is resolved, the fastest way would be is middle clicking on the episode names and opening them on separate tabs. Then just click on the subtitle filename that ends in ".srt" and that should download the .srt file without the .zip folder to your system.

Hope that helps for now.

Staniel_Poops

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 am

Hi,

Firstly, those programs mentioned are very light and not resource hungry, the Spartan shouldn't have any problems using it. If you had other reasons to not use the program, then fair enough.
By 'spartan" I just meant I've uninstalled all but bare bones software. I use it mainly for watching videos, and lately even with very little running on it it still lags and catches a bit. It's just old. Also since Win 7 ended support I'm even more careful with adding programs.
Those 211 subtitles for season 1 are all in English, not all other languages. So you can't filter them any further.
Ah, ok. That's unfortunate. I def don't need 211 subtitles, I just want one for each episode but thought I could do it with one click instead of 20 if I could only figure out how.
You can use the search field in many different ways. Dragging and dropping your video file in the search field will give you actual subs that are synced to that release, as long as a hash is submitted for that video. Pasting an IMDb ID in the search field and hitting enter. Or searching with the video release name also yields results. Until it is resolved, the fastest way would be is middle clicking on the episode names and opening them on separate tabs. Then just click on the subtitle filename that ends in ".srt" and that should download the .srt file without the .zip folder to your system.

Hope that helps for now.
Cool, I did not know you could drag and drop. Thanks for the help.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 pm

It's just old. Also since Win 7 ended support I'm even more careful with adding programs.
As long as it still has an active virus protection, it still shouldn't be a problem.
I just blew the dust off an old Sony VAIO that was in storage that had Vista installed. I installed an old Windows 10 ISO on it so the kids can mess about on there instead of messing up our gaming rig for general school work. It works great. If you want more info on that (as it's going off topic), just PM me. Your Windows 7 key should activate it, too.
By 'spartan" I just meant I've uninstalled all but bare bones software.
Ah, cool. I thought you just meant it was a relic and very old. :D
Ah, ok. That's unfortunate. I def don't need 211 subtitles, I just want one for each episode but thought I could do it with one click instead of 20 if I could only figure out how.
Unfortunately, not available to singularly select subtitles for each episode on this (original .org) site for series subtitles. I was under the impression it will be available on the new site: https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/movies not .org.
Just in case I'm wrong, just comment here requesting that feature so our develpment team can implement it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16844&start=45
The new beta website is still being fully developed for features that should be user-friendly, so now might be the best time to mention/request it.
Cool, I did not know you could drag and drop. Thanks for the help.
No worries. More info with pics on that here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16836&p=41902&hilit ... eld#p41902
Just drop the video a little left of the picture in that topic. Over that icon that looks like a green folder, rather than the search bar itself. For best results, drop a video one at a time, rather than all your video collection.

All the best, bud.

Return to “General talk”