Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
_Raiden

Extension issue

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Hello there. I'm facing an issue every time I want to download a subtitle. A message oftentimes pops up about the OpenSub search, which I already installed it, and I'm waiting for 20 seconds for the subtitle to be downloaded. Why is that? Is there anyone here who faces the same issue?

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Extension issue

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 am

Hello, are you using the opensubtitles.com site or the .org site? If the issue is on .com website, then please use the opensubtitles.org site. No, I'm not experiencing that issue you stated. Try the .org site, if you didn't already.
If the issue was on the .com website after the installer, also make sure you're logged-in. And report it here: https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 4&start=30

Thanks.

_Raiden

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Well, actually it was the second one.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Click on the .srt file name to download whilst logged in. If you don’t know how, check following topic as to how: https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 088#p42088

Hopefully that method should work for you for now until someone can find the issue and apply any fix.
Also, try another browser, if you have one, and see if the problem persists. I’m not personally getting the issues you’re describing.

_Raiden

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm still facing the same bloody issue with the countdown time.

scooby007
Site Admin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 am

Is that after clicking on the .srt name of the file itself? And have you tried another browser, if you have one? Also try the aforementioned after deleting the extension. I've mentioned certain steps above and you've not stated if any of those were even doable.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 am

also to be clear you have to install extension from opensubtitles.org to NOT wait on opensubtitles.org
there are for now TWO different extensions from opensubtitles.org vs opensubtitles.com (AFAIK)

ALSO it is possible you have another extension, that is blocking this extension to work properly.

_Raiden

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Look, pal, I won't use any other browser. I have Chrome on my pc.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Look, pal, I won't use any other browser. I have Chrome on my pc.
You have to be more specific.
Scooby mentioned certain steps, did you even try that?
To make sure that the problem is not related with other extensions, disable them.
And then try to download.

You said you are using opensubtitles.org then you have to download the extension for .org
If you use the extension .com on .org you have to wait.

_Raiden

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Yeah. I see that with the internet explorer there's no such problem since you've mentioned browser. But it really sucks to wait for 10 seconds or so

oss
Site Admin

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:24 am

where he mentioned internet explorer ...? Use chrome, remove all extensions, install opensubtitles.org CHROME extension, and then download without waiting. Or just click subtitle filename...

_Raiden

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:37 pm

I already did that.

os_dev

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 am

hem, normally you get timers on both .org and .com, to motive you to install our extension or become a VIP.

You only need one, we actually had several versions of the extensions on .org and .com, they should all work on both sites... if they don't please let us know ! (when you do, please give us the extension url, and the site you are using .org or .com)

_Raiden

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Actually, there are times when I don't see any timers at all. I already installed the extension for the .org site.

Return to “General talk”