Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jeppezon

Re: Upload errors here

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm

This is because you are trying to upload a subtitle that has already been upload, and for some reason was disabled.
So, your subtitle is the same, both in sync and in translation, can't be uploaded again.
But I know the subtitle is correct and working 100%, why can't I re-upload it? Maybe the one that got taken down had the same name but was a bad file?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 pm

But I know the subtitle is correct and working 100%, why can't I re-upload it?

Because it has been deleted, period.

jeppezon

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Okay, it has been deleted. But why? Can't it be appealed if it's an actual good sub?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Okay, it has been deleted. But why? Can't it be appealed if it's an actual good sub?
I know that subtitle because it has been deleted from my account. It has been deleted and it stays deleted.

hadilan

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 am

Hello,
I tried upload "Amy.Schumer.Growing.2019.720p.WEB.X264-AMRAP-HI", see this error "402 Subtitles has invalid format, validation failed for CD 1".
Here is the file;
https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/RynyAxWQ/file.html
-H.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:11 am

I saw u already uploaded the subtitle

dks

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 pm

Hey, the past 2 subtitles i've uploaded seem to have an issue with retrieving the info from imdb. Something noteworthy is that their ID is 8 digits long instead of 7, like past uploads. The error when trying to update post upload is:

Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 IDMovieIMDB is internal, cannot update!

The file in question is https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/7698302/-sv

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:22 am

you are absolutely right and it is fixed now.

explosiveskull

Wed May 01, 2019 8:06 am

Can someone upload this for me please?
https://subscene.com/subtitles/west-of- ... sh/1977899

Thanks in advance!

oss
Site Admin

Wed May 01, 2019 8:26 am

sure here it is: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... of-hell-en
what was problem ?

explosiveskull

Wed May 01, 2019 9:12 am

sure here it is: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... of-hell-en
what was problem ?
Thanks. I think the "too many identical entries for HI parts" was the problem that made the system return a 402 Invalid Format error.

explosiveskull

Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

Hi. Need an admin to upload this under my username please. The classic "identical HI entries" problem causing the 402 error:
https://subscene.com/subtitles/ill-take ... sh/1979003

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 am

@explosiveskull
Done: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ur-dead-en
You just need to add some additional info

@oss
I guess this is a good example of a good subtitle which should not be rejected. And I suppose it is because of all the ♪. Maybe you can add some exception to the repeat-filter, something like
- if the subs are uploaded as HI
- ignore characters like ♪ ♫ ♯ and # (maybe explosiveskull knows some more music signs)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

explosiveskull

Fri May 03, 2019 12:11 pm

@explosiveskull
Done: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ur-dead-en
You just need to add some additional info

@oss
I guess this is a good example of a good subtitle which should not be rejected. And I suppose it is because of all the ♪. Maybe you can add some exception to the repeat-filter, something like
- if the subs are uploaded as HI
- ignore characters like ♪ ♫ ♯ and # (maybe explosiveskull knows some more music signs)
Thanks.
In my opinion, this policy or whatever you call it should be completely removed. 'Cause it's not just the symbols, sometimes you have multiple instances of, for example, (DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING) or if there are hardcoded lines, (SPEAKING SPANISH) in the subtitles for the hearing impaired. They can be removed of course, but then they won't be of much use to people with impaired hearing. I don't know how the system has been programmed to deal with these cases, so any other workaround that can make it accept legitimate subtitles will also work of course.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri May 03, 2019 12:37 pm

I understand what you are saying and I agree to quite some extend. I am not sure why this subtitle (and similar ones) are exactly rejected. I GUESS it's all those music characters, but it could be things like the few repeats "(MUFFLED SCREAMING)" around line 190 too. Although I think this SHOULD not be the problem.

This filter is against abuse, but at the same time it is also some kind of quality control. According to non-HI subtitling guidelines for many languages it is 'not done' to repeat the exact same text too often too close to each other. The idea is that the person watching the movie can hear/remember it is the exact same text, and then the subtitles don't make sense, since they actually only distracting instead of added value. But yes, that is the case for NON-HI. For HI subs, repeating makes all sense. And yes, it should not be that you have to work around some filter, resulting in a lower quality subtitle.

I think those lines with ♪ are the problem. See for example lines 95-154 with 30 times "♪♪♪" in 60 lines... So you could do a little experiment:
Remove all those lines with ♪ signs (nothing more) and see if you can upload. If you can, than my above solution would be a good one, allowing you to upload good (HI) subs, but further keep the filter.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”