Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mytabletmylife

I need someone's help to finish the subtitles for "The Glass Castle" audio described

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello.
I'm creating the subtitles for The Glass Castle audio described movie. I have almost finished it with the text, but my English is not so good. There are still 90 words I didn't know. So I hope some native speaker could give the help to me. I mean I hope to get the help from a native speaker so that I can get the thing out.
I need the subtitles for the English study so if you give the help to me, I'm much appreciated.
I have used Google to transcribe the movie and then type in punctuation but I didn't have the time to correct the case for letters. But I think I will use some software to automatically correct them after I have finished the thing.
I didn't have the time to get all the lines to follow the standard length too but also I hope to correct it after finishing.
I have marked them out, all the words need a correcting, with a ???, and listed them all in a file call reference.txt so that when you give the help, you just need to look into the file and jump to the line has the spot to change.
I hope someone will give the help.
Here are all the files:
The video file, 424 mb (mp4):
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... g0x567Iufo

The subtitles I have mentioned (srt):
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... 9NTI7cCXWf

And the spot reference for the words need to be corrected (txt):
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... jCGMaxYVeG

I'll post the subtitles to opensubtitles.org after finish it. Thank you for help.

Amyus

Re: I need someone's help to finish the subtitles for "The Glass Castle" audio described

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi. I just came across your request and wondered if you've had any offers of help yet? If not then leave me a reply and I'll see what I can do to help, ok?

mytabletmylife

Re: I need someone's help to finish the subtitles for "The Glass Castle" audio described

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Yes, please help. I have posted the article for two months but no one give the help to me.

Amyus

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi again. I'm not sure if you got my personal messages. Just a quick note to let you know that I've sorted out the queries you had and now have the subtitle file ready for you. in both .srt and .ass.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 pm

now have the subtitle file ready for you. in both .srt and .ass.
Just FYI: although it LOOKS like it is possible, it is actually NOT possible to send attachments by forum PM. You would have to use some file sharing service like Filedropper, Zippyshare or TransferXL or so.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Amyus

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Thanks, SmallBrother. I'm still fairly new to this so still finding my way around. I'll have a look at the file sharing services you mentioned. Much appreciated.

mytabletmylife

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 am

Hi again. I'm not sure if you got my personal messages. Just a quick note to let you know that I've sorted out the queries you had and now have the subtitle file ready for you. in both .srt and .ass.
I have reply to your messages yesterday, I wonder why you didn't get it. Let me check. Well, you can upload the files to mediafire.com and give me the link.
Thank you for help.

mytabletmylife

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:00 am

I have reply to your pm yesterday but I don't know why it is not sent. It stuck in outbox. What the heck. Let me try to resend it again.

mytabletmylife

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:05 am

Hi.
I have resent the message. Please let me know if you 've got it.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:58 pm

It stuck in outbox. What the heck.
This is a little 'joke' of the forum :?
PM messages ARE being sent, even though they are visible in the outbox of the sender.
Don't worry, they are being sent.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”