Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
tonedeaf2

Hd subtitles

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi I have some movies on an external HD which I watch through my fetch mighty or through the tv.
I would like to know is there a way to turn the subtitles on and off whilst watching a movie, like avatar, where the subtitles are only really needed in the beginning when they are talking in an alien language.

mike2017mike

Re: Hd subtitles

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi tonedeaf2

I noticed your post while looking at mine

does this help?

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Ent ... d-p/200139

Mike

mike2017mike

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi again

I have just thought of an easier option for you, particularly if you are an English speaker

If you got to ‘advanced search’ in opensubtitles.org you will have the option to check the box at the bottom right (picture of a globe) which will select translations of ‘foreign parts only’

When you select a subtitle with the globe symbol, it will only give you subtitles for the 'foreign language' parts of dialogue

These mostly apply to films with English soundtracks where there is some non English dialogue (or French with non French dialogue, etc)

Avatar is one of the exceptions where the language is invented. Here you will get some subtitles other than English where you will get subtitles in your language for the alien bits but the English soundtrack is not translated.

I hope this helps

Mike

tonedeaf2

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi and thank you for your replies, but turning on subtitles on my fetch mighty, doesnt seem to access the subtitle file.
My subtitle file is in the same folder as the movie.

Return to “General talk”