Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hats_stetson

Problems accessing the site

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 pm

HI,

I have problems accessing the site I get the following error message:

"Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: 78708860"

Any idea what the problem is?

Regards Hats

rustroest

Re: Problems accessing the site

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm

The same here. No access to the site possible.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 pm

This has been going on since this morning, with site response varying from some things seemingly working okay to The Famous Guru Meditation and The White Screen of Horror with no output whatsoever.

This little bug has been reported already this morning.
All we can do now is wait and be patient.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

mipnes

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 671351513

Varnish cache server

Same problem

I googled it, it says it has something to do with a varnish server configration file

Keep up the good work guys

I hope you can fix this soon

RESPECT!

Mazrim Taim

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 pm

This has been going on since this morning, with site response varying from some things seemingly working okay to The Famous Guru Meditation and The White Screen of Horror with no output whatsoever.

This little bug has been reported already this morning.
All we can do now is wait and be patient.
So we're not under attack by BREIN or a similar organisation?

We've seen this before, but not as bad as it is today. If you do manage to get through, load times are longer than it would take a turtle to do the 100 meters. If I'm lucky, I can get to one page, but as soon as I click on something... yep... it's the notorious Varnish cache server.

I guess you're right. All we can do is wait and hope this bug or problem gets squashed. Preferably permanently, this time.

jivan28

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 am

same here but more importantly though can we have a some sort of status page or something that people can use to know/monitor whether the site is up or not. I use https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime and https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/opensubtitles.org . Maybe with some custom CSS we could have something that people could depend upon rather than trying third-party tools or asking in the forum. If nothing else, it will quell any rumor-mongering.

mipnes

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:38 am

Site is giving this message now

Site will be online soon. We are doing some necessary backups and upgrades. Thanks for understanding.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR FIXING THIS
<3<3<3

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 am

Looks like things are back to normal again.
So we're not under attack by BREIN or a similar organisation?
No, I don't think so. Hacking us would be illegal, and BREIN doesn't do anything illegal. Maybe immoral stuff, but illegal things - never :wink:
can we have a some sort of status page
In a way not a bad idea. But often it's not about being up or down. In many cases it is some part of the infrastructure not working well. Or the web server configuration has a hick-up. Or a small piece of the code being broken. Etc. The things you (can) check automatically are always limited, so a status page saying the web server is up and the database server is up and your browser throwing a white page would put you on the wrong leg even more.

I or any other (super)admin or mod could have just written something on this forum (luckily the forum was up and working). I didn't do it, because I was not sure if it was only me ;-) and not knowing if the problem would last two minutes or two days.

But okay, looks like things are back to normal again :)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 pm

yeah, we did have some problem with couple of things, now most of it should be fixed.

Return to “General talk”