Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
_Raiden

Upload

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello there. I've tried to upload a subtitle file with the extension .sub and it says that it's an "unsupported file", yet, the site accepts that format among others. Why is that?

(FYI- It's a vobsub subtitle).

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Upload

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello there. I've tried to upload a subtitle file with the extension .sub and it says that it's an "unsupported file", yet, the site accepts that format among others. Why is that?

(FYI- It's a vobsub subtitle).

Without checking your subtitle contents we can not know why it is not accepted. If posting errors, always post a link to subtitles where we can see the subtitles (download them)

_Raiden

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 pm

You know, the subtitles are in Greek language and they are image-based, not text-based.
I have converted the .srt extension into a vobsub one. How can I post a link and where exactly?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 pm

How can I post a link and where exactly?
For example : https://myfile.org
zippyshare, you have much more...

Upload the subtitle there, an then post the link to subtitle here, so we can download and see the subtitle.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Upload errors here

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Okay, this is weird.
Well, and where is the subtitle(file) in .sub format?
if i convert an srt to .sub stays like this

http://myfile.org/N6v4Z0d8bd/The.Commut ... C3-EVO.sub
You should be trying to upload another file type that is not sub, so the site does not accept...

_Raiden

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:27 pm

So, you're saying that I should try to upload it to another extension.

_Raiden

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Well, the thing is that I want to try another subtitle formats beyond the well-known .srt extension.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:19 pm

So, you're saying that I should try to upload it to another extension.

As you can see the site accepts subtitles in format .sub
The subtitle of the link I left above is in .sub format, and I had no problem uploading.

Your subtitle should have some problem, so the site does not accept.
I can not open the link you left, when I click appears this error : 403. That’s an error.

Yes, you can try to upload the subtitle in another extension.

_Raiden

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:05 pm

http://myfile.org/W4nea4eebe/Forgotten_ ... _iExTV.sub

That's the file. But it can't be edited as you know through notepad and you can't drag & drop it to the video.
So, there is a torrent file with the exact same name of the sub. The greek subs can only be edited with the image that I've posted above.

I've encountered the error because I tried to upload the subs compressed along with the .idx file that comes with the .sub extension.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:26 pm

we are not supporting IDX with SUB extension. Those needs to be OCR'ed and converted to textual srt

Nanneta

i can not upload my subtitle

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm

it is srt but i get the message: Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B
Can anybody please help me.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: i can not upload my subtitle

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:23 pm

it is srt but i get the message: Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B
Can anybody please help me.

Without checking your subtitle contents we can not know why it is not accepted. If posting errors, always post a link to subtitles where we can see the subtitles (download them)

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Before posting:
- We need to see the subtitle which causing the problem so upload it somewhere. There are plenty of free services for that purpose.
- Add a link to your post where we can download the subtitle.

Nanneta

uploading problem

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi there again
As i said i cant upload an srt subtitle but i get the message: Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B, allthough the subtitle is srt. I wish someone to take a look to the subtitle via AnyDesk or TeamViewer (that is if i dont ask for too much). If anyone wants to help my mail is [email protected] so anyone wanting to help send me a message and arrange the hour for that. If are any mistakes in my message forgive me, it is my first time in a forum. Thanks again.

Return to “General talk”