Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SunRain

Subtitles

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello I have a question regarding uploaded subtitles that were removed, most likely because of api being down. There was a good subtitle uploaded borg vs mcenroe 1080p amiable. I personally synced it and corrected some errors such as too short times and incorrectly placed hyphens. At the end the subtitles were credited as Retail and synced by me. Due to the issues of the api being down, i noticed these subtitles had vanished. However they are re-uploaded by a different user who removed the credit lines.
I loaded his subtitles in subtitle edit and saw that it was my earlier releases ones. It was easy to spot because of not only removed credit lines but the fact the subtitles were totally aligned with the settings of my subtitle edit. There wasn't a single line to correct and the timings were all the same. Can this be rectified or is it allowed to change credit lines and reupload without proper credit?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm

You posted a message about this on my profile page less than two hours earlier, why post it on the forum as well? Is ist not going fast enough? Or you prefer a more open approach? Anyway.

You mean this:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... mcenroe-nl
compared to
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... mcenroe-nl
?

And these credits:
Vertaling: Retail
Sync: SunRain

?

1. It is not clear that Janty1976 actually removed credits. His upload was 25 minutes earlier than yours.
2. I don't consider "Translation: Retail" really credits. I mean, if (if!) they are removed, who will be upset? Mr. Retail?
3. What do you exactly mean with "Sync: SunRain"? Did you sync this subtitle as in each line one by one? Or did you *RE*sync as in using existing subs including synchronisation and changed something in that?
4. If it is a retail subtitle, could it not be that Janty1976 got the subtitle the same way you did?
5. Do you have anything that is backing your statements?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SunRain

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 pm

No it's not about anything of that. I uploaded the amiable source subtitles yesterday and it had over 140 downloads. Those subtitles are gone? Why i dont know? Same subtitles have been reuploaded by someone else and in that the credits have been removed. All lines had to be synced because the source it was taken from wasnt in sync with the bluray release. I have everything to back up my claim because when I see that the uploaded subtitles by janty are a copy of the one i uploaded yesterday. Fairly easy to see when timings are exact and the steps in removing hyphens and using subtitle edits tools such as 'fix common errors' consider show the steps i've done in my uploaded subtitles. If his were different they wouldnt match my settings in the first place and I would have to still edit it because no subtitle connects exactly to your own personal subtitle edit settings. If they do, it means they were corrected by your subtitle edit standards. And since jantys shows 0 to fix common errors shows they were exactly the ones i uploaded yesterday.

SunRain

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Since the release was uploaded on different sites using the subtitles i presented yesterday that show the credits in the end is my backing up of the subs being altered and re-released without them today. https://i.imgur.com/NuFlwYQ.png <-- was the first to be posted. And in those were the original subs.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm

I am sorry, but I don't get it.
Nothing about all that tech stuff.

Anyway.
Do you care about the un-personal retail credits?
Do you care about the credits of sync?

And -minor detail- do you recall those issues about credits a while ago - with you, under a different user name?
Are you serious?
Do I have to explain you in detail?
In public?

What do you actually want?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

SunRain

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 pm

The same subtitles were posted yesterday. uploaded by me on which i worked to make sync with the Borg.vs.McEnroe.2017.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE release. For whatever reason the subtitles are no longer on this website. did you guys do a rollback? The subtitles were posted very early just before you guys froze the upload option for a while. Then the subtitles dissepeared and have been reuploaded by someone else. Stripped from the credits. The subtitles were synced by me from a web-dl source to this bluray release.
It's fairly simple. I want the subtitles to be given the proper credit that it had in the original release.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 am

Instead of asking more questions, you could answer a few.
What else is new.

Your 'proof' proves nothing. Not the screenshot - what is this anyway, it's just a single line of text. And not your speech about settings of Subtitle Edit. What's so unique about yes/no space after dialogue hyphen, only one in a dialog, line length, etc. Those are just very basic characteristics of how a subtitle should be. Nothing special, even less unique. Is any subtitle which doesn't show SE-errors made by you?
Sorry, but I don't have time for this.

Meanwhile you could have a look at
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... discussion
or
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... /jungle-nl

Do we need to go any further?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Do we need to go any further?
No reply, but you deleted your subtitles account. So I guess not.
Thank you.

For next time, you coming back as the somaniest trol-account:
- It's okay if you think we don't know or notice (but really, VPN, proxies, throw-away email accounts, it doesn't matter, we DO know and DO notice).
- If we let you be, it's kindness, not stupidity.
- Please embrace that and behave well. Do not start attacking others. Even rivals.
Thank you.

Return to “General talk”