Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
volle

Solution for MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am

I've seen a few people on this forum have this problem when trying to launch Subdownloader:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last): File "SubDownloader.py", line 20, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 44, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
This happened to me on a fresh install of Windows XP with SP2 and the latest hotfixes. However, it didn't happen on my older PC. Strange, usually it's the other way around! Anyway, the solution for me was to download msvcp71.dll and put it in the program directory.

Note that there is also an msvcr71.dll which IS included with Subdownloader 1.2.9. This isn't the same thing.

Here's a place you can download it freely. http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?msvcp71 If it's down, just Google around for another download site.

Hope this helps some people. Bye!

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:47 pm

thanks a lot for suggestion - fix. Can somebody confirm this is working ? I will put this into FAQ then.

zirum

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:03 pm

I can confirm that this works. I had the same problem, and tried to download this .dll. Application reported a error at startup afterwards, but works like a charm anyway.

Great application, btw!

elchudi

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 am

Confirmed, works
pd:i love you

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:14 am

this is also long time in FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=145

capiscuas

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:37 am

Subdownloader 2.0 should have fixed that problem. Please try it out.

https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/

Return to “Programs using OS”