Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
dark76

Genre search not working

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello,
there is some kind of problem with genre search. I was usually doing searches about sci-fi movies with italian subtitles ( https://www.opensubtitles.org/it/search ... nre-sci-fi ) but it stopped to work properly since april.

If i do the search just by genre (so including movies and series tv) i get the today (and only today) subtitles and the subtitles older than april

Image.
Yesterday i was getting the yesterday subs with the ones older than april.

Sorry for my bad english, hopefully it can be fixed.
Thx for yor work :)

oss
Site Admin

Re: Genre search not working

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 pm

please check now if ok

dark76

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Unluckily not. Same results.
https://www.opensubtitles.org/it/search ... nre-sci-fi gives only results older than april and today results. So, for example, in the results there is not a movie like Life (2017) https://www.opensubtitles.org/it/search ... vie-505335 which has multiple italian subtitles from from june. And it's not only related to "sci-fi" but to all genres, at least with itaian subtitles. Very strange... :(

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 am

ok I have to check. I see the problem now, thanks for explanation. Strange.

dark76

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

I wanted to add that the problem is not only related to italian subtitles. This is a generic search of science fiction subtitles in all the languages

So we get the subtitles uploaded today (that tomorrow will disappear replaced from subs uploaded tomorrow) and subs older than april.
Not sure what's going on but this way is not usable at all :(

Thx for every effort :)

dark76

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:49 pm

No chance this can be fixed? :( Problem is still the same, genre search (not only science fiction, but all the genres) gives only today results and older than april 2017 :(

dark76

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

I don't want to bother... have you tried to check?
Problem is still the same: if I search by genre i only get results older than april 2017 along with results of the day of search.
I have no idea what could be the problem, being naive i could image there is a wrong query on database or maybe since april, genre is inserted in the database in different way?
Sorry for my bad english, hopefully this can be fixed ) Thx for all your work!

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 am

should be fixed, check and let me know

dark76

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 pm

should be fixed, check and let me know
Hello, unfortunately not, nothing is changed.
I probably i explain badly the problem... i can only put more examples, for example this is using the "music" genre (click for music search )

and the next one using the "sport" genre (click for sport search )

Image.

If you notice the results are only about today (8 december") and older than 19 april 2017. If tomorrow you will do same search, you will get the tomorrow results (9 december) and older than 19 april 2017. This happens with EVERY genre, All the other searches (language, film only etc etc) work perfectly.
Until april it worked flawlessly, i suppose it is some easy setting to correct in the database query or maybe there is some ptoblem in the way the data is stored, i don't know but i hope this can be fixed... it was very useful to find out new subtitles for a specific genre!
I hope you do not think i am bothering too much :) Thx for all the efforts

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:23 pm

hi, thanks for explanation. But the problem is I dont have explanation, it is very very strange why it is not searching new titles. I have to properly look into it. Very very strange.

Return to “General talk”