Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Retnavycpo

Re: [KODI] OpenSubtitles.org addon by opensubtitles

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 pm

It is working for me again, but the subtitles are not automatically loading; I have to get them manually. Pete

oss
Site Admin

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:39 am

@Retnavycpo: reinstall what you have installed, we support only vanilla KODI, not exodus and similar

Retnavycpo

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:56 am

It's all working again...thanks!

oss
Site Admin

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:03 am

yeah, we put it back as it was before, because too many things was broken and too many users complains. We will do transition in another way.

Kees

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:18 am

Hello , I still get the " error searching for subtitles, your open subtitles.org username or password is empty or not valid" message .
Allthough I registered on opensubtitle.org and on kodi I also filled out my username and password..
I don't know what to do to have subtitles again..

itoyjoa

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:29 am

Same here, I registered and activated account with link they sent me. But keeps giving same error. Help!

Mersk

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:26 am

I registered like I was told to do, but keeps telling me to put my name in the suite been trying to do this for about 30 minutes now but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm on kodi android jarvis 16.1. Thank You for any help you can give me

reqman

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:34 am

@oss: A few posts before you've wrote "@Retnavycpo: reinstall what you have installed, we support only vanilla KODI, not exodus and similar".

I have a plain Kodi 16 installation that uses the stock opensubtitles addon. Should I or shouldn't I download your own version, as available in the first post of this thread?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am

For explanation what is difference between 2 plugins:

- for KODI, official repository, there is now updated OpenSubtitles.org addon which REQUIRE to users to log in (username and password). They will get "acceptable ads" in subtitles (if they are not VIP users etc)

- for "our" addon, which can not be in KODI repository (KODI developers doesnt accept it) users can download subtitles as anonymous (no need to login), but they got normal "ads" in subtitles (except VIP users etc).

So basically it is up to you, which one you choose.

Mersk

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am

Thank You I'll try that

reqman

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 am

For explanation what is difference between 2 plugins:

- for KODI, official repository, there is now updated OpenSubtitles.org addon which REQUIRE to users to log in (username and password). They will get "acceptable ads" in subtitles (if they are not VIP users etc)

- for "our" addon, which can not be in KODI repository (KODI developers doesnt accept it) users can download subtitles as anonymous (no need to login), but they got normal "ads" in subtitles (except VIP users etc).

So basically it is up to you, which one you choose.
Perfect explanation, just what I was looking for, thanks!

Now, regarding reliability, is the latest stock plugin operating without issues provided a valid login/pass is supplied?

I would also like to try your own plugin for my family (who are away). So the base thing here is for the plugin to be super-stable. I can install it if they send me their SD cards (platform is raspberry, so I can not help remotely) once, but I'd like to have a plugin as stable as possible. Would you consider your plugin to be of high stability at the moment, or does it need more work to reach that point?

Thanks in advance for any info provided!

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:33 pm

both plugins are super stable, there is nothing changed except it needs to be logged in (in first case), 2nd is just 99% same as original...

check changes here:
http://github.com/opensubtitles

Richab88

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 am

Not working for me. I uninstalled, reinstalled and triple checked my login. No luck. It's version 5.0.16.

CarlRubens

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 am

I can't download subtitles, every time I try it a message said: Your open subtitles.org username or password is empty or not valid. I don't know why. Please help ASAP Thanks BTW I'm using Kodi

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 am

if it is not working, it is using some other addon. Do you use vanilla KODI and opensubtitles addon only ? Then it MUST work. I can make a video for you.

Return to “Developing”