Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pkh

Dumping all subtitles files

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:09 am

Hi,

I'm working on a large (open-source) software trying to support all kind of subtitles formats. So far, I think it supports every format allowed on opensubtitles.org. But from time to time, we get bug reports with subtitles files broken in various ways, or simply with unsupported features.

Opensubtitles being the largest subtitles database, I was wondering if the API (and the bandwidth rules or whatever) would allow me to dump every single file of the DB (it doesn't need to keep the original name, media reference or whatever, just the file content matters) in order to test that software and detect any unsupported content.

Of course, if someone already has such database dump, it's even better.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Dumping all subtitles files

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:49 am

You can write me pm. Btw in which language you are doind this, what is the name of software?

pkh

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Software is FFmpeg (mainly/exclusively C for the subtitles part). If I need to use the API, I'll probably go for Python or shell scripting with curl & friends.

wolfpack

Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 am

I have a similar request for English files, I'd like to write a python script so I can search for keywords so I can find soundbites.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:38 am

with similar requests always write me PM

Return to “Developing”