Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
chagoire

Empty results for SearchSubtitles & SearchMoviesOnIMDB

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello,

I'm running into an issue since yesterday: some methods return empty results.

I'm testing using my own code (that was working before) and using the debugger (http://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/xml-rpc/debugger/)

The method LogIn works fine as I get the token but the methodes SearchSubtitles or SearchMoviesOnIMDB don't return the info as before:
Please see the debug info below.

For info, I tried to log using my registered useragent with my account as well as the testing one (OSTestUserAgent).

Could you please let me know if you have any info on why I get no results?

Thanks in advance for your great service!
Gregoire

SearchSubtitles

Code: Select all

---SENDING--- POST /xml-rpc HTTP/1.0 User-Agent: XML-RPC for PHP 3.0.0.beta Host: api.opensubtitles.org:80 Authorization: Basic Y2hhZ29pcmU6b3Vhb3VhcmQ= Accept-Charset: UTF-8,ISO-8859-1,US-ASCII Content-Type: text/xml Content-Length: 459 <?xml version="1.0"?> <methodCall> <methodName>SearchSubtitles</methodName> <params> <param> <value><string>607rv8m5u4nvijmg4kujkrtv71</string></value> </param> <param> <value> <array> <data> <value> <struct> <member> <name>imdbid</name> <value>0430937</value> </member> </struct> </value> </data> </array> </value> </param></params> </methodCall> ---END--- ---GOT--- HTTP/1.1 200 OK Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=607rv8m5u4nvijmg4kujkrtv71; path=/; domain=.opensubtitles.org Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * Content-type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8 Content-Length: 497 Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:06:33 GMT X-Cache-Backend: web3 Age: 0 X-Cache: MISS Accept-Ranges: bytes Connection: close <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <methodResponse> <params> <param> <value> <struct> <member> <name>status</name> <value> <string>200 OK</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>data</name> <value> <array> <data/> </array> </value> </member> <member> <name>seconds</name> <value> <double>0.002</double> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </param> </params> </methodResponse> ---END---

SearchMoviesOnIMDB

Code: Select all

---SENDING--- POST /xml-rpc HTTP/1.0 User-Agent: XML-RPC for PHP 3.0.0.beta Host: api.opensubtitles.org:80 Authorization: Basic Y2hhZ29pcmU6b3Vhb3VhcmQ= Accept-Charset: UTF-8,ISO-8859-1,US-ASCII Content-Type: text/xml Content-Length: 272 <?xml version="1.0"?> <methodCall> <methodName>SearchMoviesOnIMDB</methodName> <params> <param> <value><string>607rv8m5u4nvijmg4kujkrtv71</string></value> </param> <param> <value><string>back to the future</string></value> </param></params> </methodCall> ---END--- ---GOT--- HTTP/1.1 200 OK Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=607rv8m5u4nvijmg4kujkrtv71; path=/; domain=.opensubtitles.org Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * Content-type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8 Content-Length: 597 Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:13:25 GMT X-Cache-Backend: web2 Age: 0 X-Cache: MISS Accept-Ranges: bytes Connection: close <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <methodResponse> <params> <param> <value> <struct> <member> <name>status</name> <value> <string>200 OK</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>data</name> <value> <array> <data> <value> <array> <data/> </array> </value> </data> </array> </value> </member> <member> <name>seconds</name> <value> <double>0.002</double> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </param> </params> </methodResponse> ---END---

oss
Site Admin

Re: Empty results for SearchSubtitles & SearchMoviesOnIMDB

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

1. We dont have any subtitles for imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430937/
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... id-0430937

Try to use different imdb

2. There was problem with IMDB searching (they changed a bit design...), try 'back to the future 2' and so on, now the old one is cached. Also, if possible, dont use this Method, use some wrapper in your programming language, because you can not rely on our one (could be blocked, when design change it is problem, they dont have any API).

chagoire

Re: Empty results for SearchSubtitles & SearchMoviesOnIMDB

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:15 am

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I just wanted to update you: the methods work again since yesterday without changing anything on my side.

Thanks again!

Return to “Developing”