Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
maxg325

Problems Matching w/ MovieHash

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:01 pm

We have been using the same code for a few years and all of a sudden movie hashes aren't matching right.

When I use the 'Very Advanced' search on the site it finds the correct movie, but when I try to do it with our code I get 0 results.

Has something changed on the OpenSubtitles side that we missed?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Problems Matching w/ MovieHash

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:31 pm

The first thing I think about is the fact that some subs do NOT have a hashcode (yet).
In that case it is possible to find it on the website, but NOT with software looking for hashcodes.

Can you give the URL of the subs you found using the web, but did NOT find using your code?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

maxg325

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Here is the hash that doesn't match: 88e71d40b449df59 (the file I have is sized: 842773612)

With search it matches: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... ike-xxl-pb

However, I can't tell if it is simply that the file size I have is wrong, because I don't know which file the hash actually matches. Are the corresponding file hashes available anywhere? I haven't been able to find them.

MarcoTC
Subtitles Admin

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:49 am

The file size is listed next to the video filename.
And the file size is part of the hash itself.

What language did you search for in your program and what language in the advanced search?

maxg325

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh, that must have been it - I was looking for English in the programatic search and 'all' in the web advanced search.

maxg325

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Looks like that was the problem - I had the programmatic search set to English and the web search set to all.

Thanks for the help and sorry about the confusion on my end. Will look into other reasons why things seem to be matching based on hashes less.

Return to “Developing”