Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
movfan

srt upload

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello, i want to upload a srt file.
But for some reason i always get a file format error on upload.
Now i know that it is the right format.
Someone any idea's.?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Re: srt upload

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:14 pm

It must be either UTF-8 or ANSI encoded. Maybe you could upload it somewhere so we could take a look at it? Or you can send it to me.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:31 am

I think it could be something else too. So yeah, first check if the file is not for example utf-16 encoded. If that doesn't fix it, upload the .srt somewhere so we can have a look, or send it to SimplyTheBoss, or to me.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:39 am

He sent it to me, I couldn't find anything wrong with it so I sent it to OS.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 pm

uploaded subtitles can not contains "Best watched using Open Subtitles MKV Player" and other OS ads. It is request by JCDR (for removing duplicates...), but I get much more questions, why they can not upload those subs...The thing is, translators download subtitles here from one language with ads, they translate it, and leave ads as it is...I think I will change this behaviour.

def35

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am

i want upload an srt file. but it says this
Not supported subtitle format for CDs 1. Only srt, sub, smi, ssa and txt formats are supported B
and i tried everything, but nothing works so far? and its stands on 1252coded

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:10 am

If it SRT and CP1252 encoded, it should work...
I suspect the problem is something else.

Please upload the file to some file sharing web site (for example http://www.filedropper.com/ or so) and tell us the URL, so we can have a look.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Het probleem was de allerlaatste regel: de URL van een website.
Die heb ik weggehaald en toen ging het gewoon zoals het hoort.

Toegegeven, de foutmelding is niet een juiste weergave van het probleem...
Maar opgelost dus. Zie http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... lomster-nl

def35

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:59 pm

ok, bedankt SmallBrother

roro31

Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi, I am trying to upload .srt subtitles but i get this message : Not supported subtitle format for CDs 1. Only srt, sub, smi, ssa and txt formats are supported. I already uploaded these subs on 2 other subtitles sites and it worked fine. In the past I never had any problems here with uploading my .srt files.

Regards.

roro31

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Ok I know why the subs were not accepted. The was a link to a subtitles site in my subs. I deleted the line. Make sure you don't have any links or adds in the text of the subtitles before uploading.

Return to “General talk”