Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
samsamsam

XML-RPC - missing subtitles

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello,

It seems that there is problem with XML-RPC API.

For example for following request:

Code: Select all

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchSubtitles</methodName> <params> <param> <value> <string>bjpkqf3u5q6usq0a2bjucfjcb0</string> </value> </param> <param> <value> <array> <data> <value> <struct> <member> <name>sublanguageid</name> <value> <string>pol</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>imdbid</name> <value> <string>4122068</string> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </data> </array> </value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
API returns:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <methodResponse> <params> <param> <value> <struct> <member> <name>status</name> <value> <string>200 OK</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>data</name> <value> <string/> </value> </member> <member> <name>seconds</name> <value> <double>0.007</double> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </param> </params> </methodResponse>
But subtitles can be found using web page:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch ... id-4122068

Can anyone help?

watdafox

Re: XML-RPC - missing subtitles

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Maybe:

there are no subs for tt4122068 as it's a TV Series, it has no content to be translated or subtitled. Episodes have, but TV Show not.

samsamsam

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 pm

I do not think so. As earlier this work.

Did you see:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14598
this is similar problem.

@oss can you help, please?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 pm

ok I applied fix. The problem is in this case, when you not specify the episode or season, there is really non-sense to look by imdb for whole tv series. Anyway, lets see how it will perform, if it is bad, I need to fix it again (now I have to search "IMDB = $imdb or SeriesIMDB = $imdb"

samsamsam

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Ok but this ID whas also returned by XML-RPC API.

samsamsam

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:43 pm

So, maybe this query:

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchMoviesOnIMDB</methodName> <params> <param> <value> <string>as97hqi1m1mkvg3q9a6ftiu511</string> </value> </param> <param> <value> <string>humans</string> </value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
Should return info about seasons?

samsamsam

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:08 pm

So, maybe this query:

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchMoviesOnIMDB</methodName> <params> <param> <value> <string>as97hqi1m1mkvg3q9a6ftiu511</string> </value> </param> <param> <value> <string>humans</string> </value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
Should return info about seasons?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:07 am

the XML-RPC request you post is not valid one. Please read

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... hSubtitles

and see some examples here:

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... hSubtitles

samsamsam

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 am

Which one is not valid SearchMoviesOnIMDB or SearchSubtitles?

According to this:
http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... viesOnIMDB
Query is first fixed for some strings (deleted dvdrip and so on).
And here http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... viesOnIMDB is info about SearchMoviesOnIMDB with following example:

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchMoviesOnIMDB</methodName> <params> <param> <value><string>tjr2fesccqriijpoc6bjda8d94</string></value> </param> <param> <value><string>back to the future</string></value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
So, can you say what is not valid please?

samsamsam

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:43 am

Example for the SearchSubtitles from the link given by you:

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchSubtitles</methodName> <params> <param> <value><string>5fdgt2e9qriblpbojnq0j46op1</string></value> </param> <param> <value> <array> <data> <value> <struct> <member> <name>sublanguageid</name> <value><string>cze,eng,ger,slo</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>moviehash</name> <value><string>7d9cd5def91c9432</string></value> </member> <member> <name>moviebytesize</name> <value><double>735934464</double></value> </member> </struct> </value> </data> </array> </value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
Both examples queries looks exactly as my.
So, I am confused. What in your opinion is wrong?
Thank you.

Regards,
SSS

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

it seems I am working too much (really now many things going on, few last days I was improving server load by better caching and optimizing some small routines).

You are right, I exchange SearchSubtitles/SearchMoviesOnIMDB

going to try and will update you shortly.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:11 pm

I fI understand correctly, it is not a problem something doesn't work, but you expect different flow ?

Please explain, what exactly you are doing. If I understand, you get somehow TV Series IMDBID, and then you want to use this IMDBID as searching subtitles.

Write as much data as you have (you are developing app, what is scenario ? Real life example).

Searching subtitles for TV Series without Episode/Series doesnt make much sense. Episode/Series can be parsed out from Directory name, moviefilename etc.

samsamsam

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Earlier the query SearchSubtitles for given series imdb_id returns subtitles for all episodes.

I agree with you that this is not very good, but I do not have information about season nor episode I do not even knot about it type.

Real scenario:
- user want download subtitles for "humans s1e2"
- SearchMoviesOnIMDB does not find anything
- user simplifies title to "humans"
- SearchMoviesOnIMDB returns Humans (2015) TV Series, but there are not information about seasons, episodes even about it type TV series or movie
- SearchSubtitles does not return any subtitles for imdb_id from previous step

If SearchMoviesOnIMDB will return information about type of item "TV series" and I somehow will be able to get information about it's episodes list.
I can ask user to choose the episode for which he want subtitles and use idbm_id for this episode with query SearchSubtitles.
But, for now I do not have this informations.

So, the question is:
Can it work as before? Or maybe it is possible to expand information returned by SearchMoviesOnIMDB with type filed and add query
GetEpisodesForTvSeriesIMDB ?
Thank you for the help.

Regards,
SSS

Return to “Developing”