Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
alphons

Development of opensubtitles XML-RPC in C# (.NET)

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:38 am

Hello all,

I have a working XML-RPC interface in C# (.NET)
If anyone is interested in the project, just leave a message.

-Alphons.

Christofer

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm very interested as I'm planing of adding support for opensubtitles to Kantaris Media Player.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Important message for all developers: downloading in players is really nice feature, but we need also uploading (which is more problematic part), because with no upload there will be no download :)

eduo

Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:16 pm

This is true. I haven't release any revision to my own program because I used subtitle download as a way to get to know the XMLRPC interface but subtitle upload not only should be present but should be optimized and as easy as possible.

I see there are several "search subtitles for this movie file" contextual menu extensions but no "upload this subtitle" and "upload this subtitle for matched movie file", which not only would be better but would also enhance the database.

This is like any open source project (or like the Wikipedia): Leechers are OK as long as there are enough content providers to keep the information flowing and growing.

alphons

Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 am

..., but we need also uploading (which is more problematic part), because with no upload there will be no download :)
I just completed the upload wrappers in my XMLRPC .NET interface, so the stuff can be used in .NET applications :wink:

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm

hi,

congratz of implementing upload feature. What is the name of program, it is opensource, where is hosted? So I can add it to wiki and inform more people.

eduo

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:48 am

..., but we need also uploading (which is more problematic part), because with no upload there will be no download :)
I just completed the upload wrappers in my XMLRPC .NET interface, so the stuff can be used in .NET applications :wink:
Alphons,

Could you please provide a sample XML request and response for the methods you're using for upload of subtitles? I'm missing something and if you've implemented them successfully I could leverage those samples. I can't use your code, sadly, in my project.
http://eduo.info/
[url=http://eduo.info/soleol/]OpenSubtitles from your desktop: SolEol for Mac/Windows/Linux[/url]
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=325&st=0&p=2480&#entry2480]My current episode processing work flow[/url].

stavros_sk

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:17 am

Hi alphons, i'm interested in your C# project and would be very grateful if you could post a link to be able to download it.

I'm writing an automated subtitles downloader/uploader for Meedio HTPC software and it would be really helpful cause i'm just starting out :)

Thanks,
Stavros.

Dananos

Re: Development of opensubtitles XML-RPC in C# (.NET)

Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi,

I would be interested in this C# implementation, would you send it to me?

Thank you

Dan.

oss
Site Admin

Sun May 15, 2011 9:17 am

alphons: reveal URL of your .NET wrapper, so other developers can use your code, if possible

kappy

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't know if the author of this post is still active, or the current status of his project.

I just can say that I have an opensource project started on GitHub for OpenSubtitles in .net.
Here is my link https://github.com/kappy/OSDB.net

ribasman

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:18 pm

I don't know if the author of this post is still active, or the current status of his project.

I just can say that I have an opensource project started on GitHub for OpenSubtitles in .net.

Hi kappy, i'm trying to do on VB what you could on C#, but kind of newbie so i'll stick to VB for the time being, never the less i believe you can help on this one:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11563 :D

ephraimdov

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:40 am

Hi kappy, i'm trying to do on VB what you could on C#, but kind of newbie so i'll stick to VB for the time being, never the less i believe you can help on this one:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11563 :D
XML for beginners.....XML VB.Net

Dov

Return to “Developing”