Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jarabito

problem with the names of the files...

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:57 am

Hello!

mmmm the idea behind the program is great but something that's been missing... (sorry for my english, I am spanish spoken) ... let me explain, I have this file: "the_west_wing.1x01.premiere.ac3.dvdrip_xvid-fov.avi", but I know that the same file maybe with diffrent names on the net...

Another examples:
"The 4400 - 4x04 - The truth and nothing but the truth by sanchitos 2" or: "The.4400.S04E04.DSR.XviD-ORENJI" (names of the files that I saw for this file) may be these files, are the same, but the program only let me browse for the EXACT NAME of the file, and NOT type only "west wing" and let me pick the (one o more) subtitles that I can use... in this case, the soft never found a subtitle (because this file has very diferent names in the net)

And more, I ever rename the files as: "01x01-westwing.avi" and so on, because my dvd player (that let me watch them on TV) only recognizes the first letters of the name.. If I rename the files BEFORE the search, the soft will be unable of find a subtitle...

I think that the soft needs a "search box" or the names that it picks from the files, would be more "generic" or that I can take only a part from the name of the file...

The program is very AMAZING, but seems to me that without these functionality not works for me (and maybe, another people...)

eduo

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:43 pm

You don't understand how SubDownloader works.

It doesn't matter if you rename or move the files. The hash doesn't change unless the file changes. The subtitle search is made only on hash, not on name.

jarabito

I want to say that different files may be the same story...

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:48 am

I Say that may exists many versions of the same movie or episode series, ripped by different persons in difrent countries, different moments, from diverse sources (let's say: "24" series, third season, but edited in USA or UK... maybe the same story but the file (and the hash) will be different.

Another problem: I will download a series, may be "numb3rs, season two", but I want to save time, searching the subtitles BEFORE to get the files, and the program does not let me search, writing the name... if I pick "search", only let me search by a file on my HD, not based in a text that I write..

I wish that you can understand me, I only wish that the program will be best than it is now...

eduo

Re: I want to say that different files may be the same story

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:33 am

I Say that may exists many versions of the same movie or episode series, ripped by different persons in difrent countries, different moments, from diverse sources (let's say: "24" series, third season, but edited in USA or UK... maybe the same story but the file (and the hash) will be different.
In this case the existing subtitle may or may not work, so you can search by name and try them until one works (or modify an existing one. When one works you upload it again linked to this new file and it will be hashed too.
Another problem: I will download a series, may be "numb3rs, season two", but I want to save time, searching the subtitles BEFORE to get the files, and the program does not let me search, writing the name... if I pick "search", only let me search by a file on my HD, not based in a text that I write..
You can do that in the website perfectly. The idea is that for name searches you use the website and for hash searches you use the program. This is not a bug, it's on purpose. You must use the website to provide a way for ads/banners to work.
I wish that you can understand me, I only wish that the program will be best than it is now...
You were understood the first time. It's just that the program is especifically designed to not allow name-based searches. That's what the website is for.

Es a proposito, no es un error de diseño :)

Eduo

Return to “Programs using OS”