Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
motag4

AC3 with subtitles?

Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 am

I downloaded a movie (Dead Silence) and the subtitle and changed the name of the subtitle to the same name as the movie like this:

Dead.Silence.Unrated.2007.DvDRip.Xvid.AC3
Dead.Silence.Unrated.2007.DvDRip.Xvid.srt

Then tried playing it with Windows Media Player, Nero Show and Media Player Classic and got no subtitles in neither of them.
I also tried naming the subtitle to:

Dead.Silence.Unrated.2007.DvDRip.Xvid.AC3.srt

because I saw in Media Player Classic that the name of the audio was Dead.Silence.Unrated.2007.DvDRip.Xvid.AC3.avi and still got nothing.
Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?
Can't AC3 files have subtitles?
Please help. This is my first atempt at using a subtitle and I can't get it to work.

lorept33

BS player

Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:15 pm

just download BS player,you dont need to name the sub like the movie(only if you whant) just play with BS player and add external subtitle and voila :lol:

giannid

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:32 pm

your video file should be named .avi (not .ac3). AC3 is an audio file, not a video file.

Return to “General talk”