Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you want OpenSubtitles.org T-Shirt ?

Yes
48%
No
17%
Maybe
31%
Blank vote
3%

Total votes: 29
oss
Site Admin

OpenSubtitles.org T-Shirts

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:01 pm

Hello pals,

OpenSubtitles.org is growing fast, so it should be nice, when we meet each other in cinema we should know, we are from same fanclub :) So idea is make some nice t-shirts. We already have first two designs, check them:

design 1
design 2

Tell your opinions, if you are graphician, just make some design, send me and I will put it here.

Do you want opensubtitles.org t-shirt ? It will be as gift for donation.

I just found nice webpage, where is possible create design quite easy:
http://www.customink.com/cink/r.jsp?C=4&loc=img
Last edited by oss on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmcallister

Brand recognition.

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:51 pm

I hope I'm not out of line here, seeing as I'm not exactly a well-known participant around here, but since you asked...

The point of a t-shirt is to establish brand recognition. You want people to see them and know at a glance what it represents, without having to read or concentrate too much.

While these t-shirts are okay in themselves, I simply don't "recognize" them as being from opensubtitles.org. They don't spark any "I know that place!" nerve in me.

I'd much rather see a t-shirt that has the familiar opensubtitles.org three-green-box thingy. At a glance, I'd know that was this site. I wouldn't need to think about it; I'd feel it.

Some companies and organizations are so well-known in themselves (like Coca-Cola, for instance) that they can afford to be subversive with their own image and print t-shirts that have nothing to do with their logos and colors and symbols. I think we need to get to that stage first. For the time being, I'd recommend a t-shirt taken right off the home page. That three-green-box thingy means opensubtitles.org in my mind. Exploit it.

Regards,
Peter

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 pm

thanks for opinion. I must agree with you, but you can't compare cocacola with opensubtitles.org - but those 3 thingies (they are TVs...) is not bad idea. I will think about that. Anyway, everyone is wlecome to make some gfx, which should be used for t-shirts

Return to “General talk”