Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
OliSub

DuckDuckGo - A nice little surprise today…

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi everyone,

A while ago, I made a request to the search engine DuckDuckGo to have a !bang command that would search specifically for french subtitles on our site. There was already a !bang command that would return by default english subtitles (!op movie-title), but there was no other language-specific command. So I tried and asked for a french-specific !bang command, and voilà, request granted today (!op-fre movie-title)!

So, thank you DDG for this useful !bang command, and let's hope that more language-specific !bang commands will be added in the future (!op-ita, !op-ara, !op-chi, !op-ger, …), maybe upon gentle requests from our members?

Gesaffelstein

Re: DuckDuckGo - A nice little surprise today…

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Great ! As a daily french DDG user i didn't know there were a !bang command.
So i will have to memorize these two commands : "!op" and "!op-fre" .
Thank you and also thanks to DDG !

Return to “General talk”