Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like idea of Subdownloader?

Yes, it is excellent
90%
No, I will use website anyway
10%

Total votes: 312
capiscuas

SubDownloader moves to GOOGLE CODE

Thu May 31, 2007 4:50 pm

The SubDownloader team has decided to move to Google Forge for a more simplier and faster administration of our project.

The address is :
http://www.subdownloader.net/

A new collaborator has arrived and the development has been unblocked and we are keeping up.

Please report all the application bugs as issues at
http://code.google.com/p/subdownloader/issues/list

Best wishes to all of you.
Thks for the beta-testing.

kuratkull

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:05 pm

I enabled Mplayer and VLC player functionality on both, Linux and Windows, it uses automatic detection with the "os" module.
I edited the sources but I'm not familiar with SVN, so i will wait until capiscuas comes online in MSN :)
I will release the details a bit later.

Glad to be in the team.

kuratkull

eduo

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 pm

What's the mplayer and vlc functionality for? I made sure it was properly linked in the MacOS port and then forgot all about it.

Is it for actually playing the movies with the subtitles?

What I've noticed is that there's no checkbox for not showing subtitles already existing (checksums match). If this existed one could run SD on a series folder which already has a few and would only see new subtitles or updated/different subtitles.

This would help showing the "you will replace the file" only when the files actually differ from the destination.

Also, revalidation of sessions or reauthentication in every upload could be an option in the options. I understand anonymous should still exist as an option but I have no way of knowing if a file was updated under my name or not.

Also, searching by name wouldn't be a bad thing, as there are bunches if subtitles that are not yet linked.

kuratkull

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Yes, it's for for playing the videos using the right-click menu in SD.
It was Windows oriented, so I did some changes, so now it works on Linux systems too.

eduo

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Ah. I had never tried it. I'll check your changes then to see what you did.

eduo

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:08 pm

Ah. I had never tried it. I'll check your changes then to see what you did.
Ah. You haven't uploaded the changes yet :) Can you share what you did?

eduo

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:49 am

Ah, You're going to force me to diff the versions out. I think I'll go to sleep now and try that out tomorrow :)

kuratkull

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:58 am

You may do a manual backup-download-replace-try-delete-restore... just replace the files manually :D

dbaalborg

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Just a little question: why did you choose to go to Google Code, as you already had a SourceForge account? It's basically svn that you're after, no?
Anyway, I am always a bit sceptical when it comes to give too much power to a single company (first Microsoft, then Google...)

Anyway, not trying to start a troll, just wanted to know why you choose GC... For my opensource projects, I always go to SF, but if you tell me that GC is much greater, I'll maybe give it a thought...

++
dbaalborg

dbaalborg

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:58 pm

On your Google Code page, you have a link to OpenCollabnet ( http://opencollabnet.ohloh.net/projects/5432 ). It is actually a link to the Ohloh page ( http://www.ohloh.net/projects/5432 ) (I know, I've added SD on Ohloh, héhé)...
Anyway, I think you should change the link so that it refers directly to Ohloh, and you don't have this Collabnet thing...

Anyway, keep up the good work, we're all supporting you for the next release!

P.S.: I've just added your new Google Code svn repository to Ohloh, so that the changes will be reflected on this page too...

++
dbaalborg

capiscuas

Google base

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Thks for the collabnet note, i will change it soon.
The decision to move to google is that is "simple", clean and practical, just what I needed. We used SF long time and I was a very annoying to install the wiki, login ssh, upload files by ftp and www, etc. Also SF was very slow sometimes, overloaded.

I understand what you said about Micro$oft or Google, as soon as google start doing bad things with our project, I will move out.

I hope you can understand. In terms of user-end installation, it will not change anything, they can keep downloading the files, and the developpers don't have to spend so much time in administration tasks.

kuratkull

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 pm

I also prefer google, for its simplicity. All the bells and whistles of SF don't seem really necessary for this project.
Also, I doubt that google will do bad things to the projects :)

kuratkull

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:46 am

Has a Windows user tried my modifications? I'd really like to get some feedback.

dbaalborg

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:58 pm

OK guys, thanks for the answers!
c ya,
++
dbaalborg

dbaalborg

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Hy guys (and gals), I have a little suggestion concerning SD.

As we can see from this post, it might not be really clear to some people what "hash updated" means. It maybe might be a good thing to change the text to something like "Thank you very much, the subtitle is already in the database but you have helped by matching it to your video file", or something that means the same...

++
dbaalborg

Return to “Programs using OS”