Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
dbaalborg

Promoting SubDownloader

Thu May 17, 2007 2:11 pm

Who doesn't love SubDownloader?
I am personnaly crazy about it...

Anyway, do you know ohloh.net? It is a good modern way of promoting open source programs, and as a bonus it is able to calculate the estimated costs if someone wanted to develop it from scratch... For example, we learn that if you wanted to develop Firefox from scratch, it would cost you about $5,360,058... Crazy!

Anyway, I've just created the SubDownloader project page on ohloh... It would be great if everybody who wants to promote SubDownloader went to this site and "stacked" the project (click on "stack it" under the big number on the left), so that as many people as possible would support the program...

Anyway, I would also propose that this post become a launching point for any ideas of promoting SubDownloader... If someone has an idea, just post it...

Remember, the more people know and use SubDownloader, the more people will upload subtitles with it to OpenSubtitles.org, and you will thus have a more and more complete database!!! Isn't that what we all want?

++
dbaalborg

dbaalborg

$1,003,899

Thu May 17, 2007 2:50 pm

This is crazy!

ohloh.net has just finished calculating SubDownloader's cost, and figure?

$1,003,899

This is a really big figure!
Congratulations to the development team!
Check it out on Subdownloader's ohloh.net page...

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:49 pm

I agree :) ohloh is nice place

Return to “Programs using OS”