Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pieskovy.hrad

uploading subtitles via MPC-HC

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi, I can download subtitles within Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, but I would like to help with uploading subtitles as well. As for now it doesn't work in MPC-HC, is that due to opensubtitles.org (I am getting redirected to the page saying "Sorry, upload is not possible yet.") or the media player itself?

oss
Site Admin

Re: uploading subtitles via MPC-HC

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 am

hi,

I didnt even know about MPC-HC, but I checked the page. When I was developing opensubtitles, I was talking with Gabest, and I want keep same hashing as was using his MPC, so code is same. Problem is, we are just "imitating" the most important feature - download subtitles. Upload would be also possible, but it is bad implemented in MPC, problem is, if I remember correctly, when you want to upload subtitles, you are uploading it 1 by 1. So while it can work quite ok for 1 CD movie, it will not work for 2 CDs, you will upload them as 1x and 1x, which is wrong.

Guys in MPC-HC can use API of opensubtitles (now they are using old code, I suppose) but question is, if they are willing to code this.

pieskovy.hrad

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for the answer, I take a look at OS API, I will consult with the authors if they accept patches, if I give a try to code it, as MPC-HC is still open source.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:16 am

anything new on this ?

JohnPeterson

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm

I have a related question. How do I add hashes to an IMDB id so that Search and Download work from MPC-HC?

Thanks!

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:19 pm

you have to use some program, not-complete list of programs working with opensubtitles.org is here: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... msUsingAPI

haoyee

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 am

I give a try to code it, as MPC-HC is still open source.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:44 pm

very good. also you should maybe first change downloading subtitles isdb support is experimental and not really tested. xml-rpc is the way for now. keep us updated, in my windows time it was my favorite player!

Return to “Programs using OS”